compile problem for libcurl ?

BlitzMax Forums/Brucey's Modules/compile problem for libcurl ?

RktMan(Posted 2010) [#1]
hi all,

i just pulled down the bah.libcurl (latest) from google code.

i'm using other brucey modules (brucey is awesome btw ... i'm loving hist module ports).

i'm getting a compile error, with a function in the 'ares' stuff that comes with the module.

"conflicting types for ares_gettimeofday", and the ide points me at the function in windows_port.c.

i poked on the internetz for problems with libcurl compiling, and i found some info that sounded like there was possibly a problem with compiling the 'ares' stuff with mingw ... but i couldn't tell what the patch files that i found were suggesting as the fix.

anyone know about this issue ?

i assume people have been able to compile the module.

dont know why i'm having a problem ...

thanks,
Tony

RktMan(Posted 2010) [#2]
hrm ...

i guess i "fixed" it.

i had my machine configured to use a slightly older version of mingw for some other issues i had been having for some other project.

for goofs, i changed my configuration to using my newer MinGW install, and my problem went away.

yikes.

Tony

Brucey(Posted 2010) [#3]
Ah yes... MinGW issues.

Sometimes errors are a little mysterious, especially when "other people" appear to have no problems using the same code.
I find that the newest version tends to mostly work better. More so as I update a library to its most recent version.
Of course, now we effectively have TWO versions of MinGW out in the wild, GCC 3.x and GCC 4.x, it makes things a wee bit more interesting...

Anyway. Glad you got it sorted out :-)