wxMod - Linux

BlitzMax Forums/Brucey's Modules/wxMod - Linux

Yeshu777(Posted 2010) [#1]
Anyone have a definitive list of the 'apt-get' packages required to run the wx Modules?

Running into all sorts of errors and the posts on the forums appear to be out of date in terms of what packages are available.

Best Regards,

plash(Posted 2010) [#2]
Can you post the error list? It might be really easy to figure out what you need to compile it.

Yeshu777(Posted 2010) [#3]
uilding menu
Compiling:menu.bmx
flat assembler version 1.64
6 passes, 93308 bytes.
Linking:menu.debug
Executing:menu.debug
/usr/bin/ld: warning: libstdc++.so.6, needed by /usr/bin/../lib/libcairo.so.2, may conflict with libstdc++.so.5
Fatal Error: Mismatch between the program and library build versions detected.
The library used 2.8 (no debug,Unicode,compiler with C++ ABI 1002,wx containers,compatible with 2.6),
and your program used 2.8 (no debug,Unicode,compiler with C++ ABI 102,wx containers,compatible with 2.6).
Aborted

Process complete

Probably something simple I'm missing here.

Thanks in advance

Brucey(Posted 2010) [#4]
It sounds like your Linux C++ is a different version to the C++ that the static libraries were built against.

Ah.. the march of progress... :-/

Yeshu777(Posted 2010) [#5]
Version 4?

I guess mine are still 3.3

"Btw, if you want to do things with wxMax, the default libs available from the downloads section were compiled with gcc 4.x - which won't work with gcc3.3. (just to let you know). "

Brucey(Posted 2010) [#6]
If you type :

gcc --version

That'll give you an idea.

Yeshu777(Posted 2010) [#7]
Cheers, still finding my feet on Linux.

Ideally I want to dev the project on XP then just recompile it on Linux

;)

Nice module BTW, from what I've seen on the Win32 samples.

Brucey(Posted 2010) [#8]
/usr/bin/ld: warning: libstdc++.so.6, needed by /usr/bin/../lib/libcairo.so.2, may conflict with libstdc++.so.5

One thing.
Your libcairo is using a newer version of glibc than the one you are building your binaries for.
Which implies you shouldn't be using 3.3 at all ??

The later BlitzMax's do away with the silly requirement of it looking specifically for 3.3. Better to use whatever version you have installed.

Yeshu777(Posted 2010) [#9]
Thanks for the advice.

Yeshu777(Posted 2010) [#10]
gcc --version

returns gcc (GCC) 4.2.4 (Ubuntu 4.2.4-lubuntu4)