Error compiling ceGUI

BlitzMax Forums/Brucey's Modules/Error compiling ceGUI

jonwalker(Posted 2010) [#1]
Hi All,

I'm attempting to get ceGUI to compile so I can try it out. I've installed the additional modules freeimage.mod and regex.mod. And loaded in cegui.mod via TortoiseSVN.

However when attempting to compile (in Blide) I get the error:

Compiling:GraphicsDx9.bmx
Compile Error: Identifier 'Refresh' not found

Any ideas what might cause this?

Thanks, Jon

ziggy(Posted 2010) [#2]
It looks loke the ceGUI module is using a pre-dx9 version of Blitzmax? The non-official d3d9 max2d module had a refresh method that the current official one does not have... (AFAIK).

Brucey(Posted 2010) [#3]
CEGUI doesn't have DX9 support yet. (it's on the todo list).

The file "GraphicsDx9.bmx" is not part of CEGUI...

jonwalker(Posted 2010) [#4]
Maybe it's a problem with Blide or one of the other GUI mods, I'm not sure. I'd like to elimiate Blide from the equation, however attempting to compile from the command line doesn't appear to be working.

Is this the correct command line to compile the ceGUI mod?

I've tried:

bmk makemods cegui.mod

bmk makemods bah.ceguiopengl

And a few other combinations, but each time it appears to do something for a few seconds but then returns me back to the command line prompt with no message. I'd assume an error message or a "compiled" message?

I've then tried to open test_01.bmx and run that but I get:

"Compile Error: Can't find interface for module 'bah.ceguiopengl'
Build Error: failed to compile C:/Program Files/BlitzMax/mod/bah.mod/cegui.mod/examples/test_01.bmx"

So I assume the module isn't compiled. Any ideas on this? It's no doubt something simple. :o)

Thanks, Jon

jonwalker(Posted 2010) [#5]
Random experimentation has made something compile from:

bmk makemods -a bah.cegui

However on running the demos I'm still getting the error:
"Compile Error: Can't find interface for module 'bah.ceguiopengl'
Build Error: failed to compile C:/Program Files/BlitzMax/mod/bah.mod/cegui.mod/examples/test_01.bmx"

It's as though bah.cegui is something different to bah.ceguiopengl. Any ideas anyone?

Thanks, Jon

ziggy(Posted 2010) [#6]
if BMK does not find bah.ceguiopengl iterface it means the sample you're trying to compile has a reference to a module called bah.ceguiopengl (it can be as a result of module dependency). So, or the mudle is missing, ot it is not compiled.
And ensure you're not missing any module in your equation.

Brucey(Posted 2010) [#7]
So I assume the module isn't compiled. Any ideas on this? It's no doubt something simple

I recently(ish) split the dependencies so that Renderers are now defined in separate modules :
BaH.CEGUIOpenGL for OpenGL, and BaH.CEGUID3D9 (which is not yet available)... as well as some others I am considering, like those for Ogre, etc.

Therefore to render stuff currently, you will need both CEGUIOpenGL and CEGUI modules (the former requires the latter).

If Blide has a "Build modules" option, you are probably best just to use that, than having to drop to the command line to build.

Difference(Posted 2010) [#8]
I have CEGUI compile problems too.

A "Bus error" ?

Snow leopard, bmax 1.37

from terminal :

Brucey(Posted 2010) [#9]
A "Bus error" ?

File permissions?
An open file?

If a clean build doesn't fix it, I'd suggest a reboot.

Difference(Posted 2010) [#10]
Reboot does not solve it. What is a "clean build" ?

Ole JR(Posted 2010) [#11]
Maybe related to http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=88641

BMK failing on the same file there.

Difference(Posted 2010) [#12]
Yes, Bruceys fix for bmk solves the bmk crash, so that it compiles.
http://blitzmax.com/Community/posts.php?topic=88940