Where is RakNet?

BlitzMax Forums/Brucey's Modules/Where is RakNet?

JoshK(Posted 2010) [#1]
I can't find this in any of the three download locations listed.

Dreamora(Posted 2010) [#2]
its available through svn on the maxmods googlecode project

JoshK(Posted 2010) [#3]
Can someone email this to me? Tortoise SVN doesn't work with Windows 7.

Dreamora(Posted 2010) [#4]
I've tortoise SVN installed in my Win7 x64 Ultimate, no problem there.

Sure you installed it correctly (and reinstalled if you upgraded from Vista)

JoshK(Posted 2010) [#5]
The shell icons don't appear. This appears to be a known issue. I went as far as looking in the registry, didn't see the key they said should be there, and uninstalled it.

Dreamora(Posted 2010) [#6]
Very strange, mine are present and have been since the initial 64bit installation on Vista

Tortoise for the 64bit windows, Win7 64bit ...
Though not on the most current version (I'm 1 release behind as I don't see the point doing it all the time)
Potentially your security software interfered? (wouldn't be the first time to hear about such issues due to an AV guard stepping onto the toe of an installer)

the only thing thats messed up is the "in sync / changed" indication icons but that might be a fight with Dropbox or my desktop icon container software

To bad that google code has no folder packaging option a la SF

JoshK(Posted 2010) [#7]
Hmmm...the 64-bit version of Tortoise SVN actually works. The 32-bit version does not work on Windows 7 64-bit.

xlsior(Posted 2010) [#8]
Hmmm...the 64-bit version of Tortoise SVN actually works. The 32-bit version does not work on Windows 7 64-bit.

32-bit programs can have difficulties interfacing with 64 bit processes, like Explorer.

Zeke(Posted 2010) [#9]
Hi, current bah.raknet is quite old (3.611) i have just updated my modified version to the latest 3.717 version.

i renamed THIS mod to zeke.raknet because this is my DEV version of bah.raknet (and i dont want to mix original bah.raknet to this dev version)

in my version there is some changes:
-Writing to bitstream:
'My version
Local myfloat:Float=3.14
bitstream.WriteInt(10) ; bitstream.WriteFloat(myfloat)

'Original version you MUST use variables
Local myint:Int = 10 ; bitstream.WriteInt(myint)
Local myfloat:Float = 3.15 ; bitstream.WriteFloat(myfloat)

-Reading from bitstream:
'My version
Local myint:Int , myfloat:Float
myint = bitstream.ReadInt()
myfloat = bitstream.ReadFloat()

'Original version
Local myint:Int , myfloat:Float
bitstream.ReadInt(myint)
bitstream.ReadFloat(myfloat)

right now there is no 'GOOD' way to write strings. i made small temp functions to write/read simple strings (no unicode).

and there is a bug when reading BITS.. so is suggest that do not use Write/ReadBITS functions.

if you want to test my version, download it from here: http://www.byrathon.com/raknet_3_717.zip

(remember to extract this to zeke.mod folder)

Zeke(Posted 2010) [#10]
updated Raknet version http://www.blitzmax.com/Community/posts.php?topic=87434#1007510