Errors compiling freeimage

BlitzMax Forums/Brucey's Modules/Errors compiling freeimage

T-Light(Posted 2009) [#1]
Getting errors when trying to compile the freeimage mod. I'm currently running a fairly old version of max (1.30). As I'm very near the end of my current project I realy didn't want to run the risk of potential problems with neccessary modules if they break.

Here's the errors...

Do those ring any bells with anyone? Do I need to upgrade Max to fix these?

I noticed Brucey created a special BMK for his modules, but I also noticed this was built into Max 1.28, I'm guessing I don't need this.

Thankyou.

T-Light(Posted 2009) [#2]
Should also add, I'm on Microsft V*sta, don't know that's related.

Brucey(Posted 2009) [#3]
Hi. What version of MinGW do you have installed?

Brucey(Posted 2009) [#4]
If I break jconfig.h, I can get this to fail with a similar message....

On Windows, it is expecting __RPCNDR_H__ not to be defined - which is always correct, from my experience.
If that is not the case for you, (why, I don't know, unless perhaps a different version of MinGW or something), you may want to consider commenting out, the #if/#endif part of this :
#ifndef __RPCNDR_H__		/* don't conflict if rpcndr.h already read */
typedef unsigned char boolean;
#endif

so that the boolean definition is always applied.

My above build example is a Win32 build on Mac, but the same works on my XP too.

T-Light(Posted 2009) [#5]
Hi Brucey thanks for this, I'll give it a shot.

My MinGW is version 3.4.5, it's been ages since I've payed with this side of Max and the modules, to say I'm rusty is like saying my old golf has a touch of 'weathering'.

Cheers.

Brucey(Posted 2009) [#6]
GCC is 3.4.5 ?

MinGW is maybe... 5.1.3 ? :-)

T-Light(Posted 2009) [#7]
Sorry yeah.
Gcc 3.4.5
MinGW 5.13

After commenting out the lines you gave above (in jconfig.h) I'm getting this...

T-Light(Posted 2009) [#8]
My problem, I'd misstyped when commenting out the if / endif. My version of codeblocks didn't show a problem and I missed it completely.

It's compiled now, thankyou very much.

Brucey(Posted 2009) [#9]
I suppose it could be an issue if you are using Codeblock's version of MinGW, rather than a stand-alone installation. I've not had experience of building against it with BlitzMax, so it's a possibility...

Glad you got it working for now though.