Can't unzip the modules (all files corrupt?)

BlitzMax Forums/Brucey's Modules/Can't unzip the modules (all files corrupt?)

Matt McFarland(Posted 2009) [#1]
Hey,

I downloaded the modules from your google code site and every zip file came with a 0kb movie, and several 0kb files inside. The directory tree inside the zip file doesn't unpack either (most folders are 0kb) The unzip process fails everytime, so I'm unable to get the modules working.

Is there a mirror for these downloads anywhere?

Brucey(Posted 2009) [#2]
I would guess your unzip program is at fault...

What are you using?

Matt McFarland(Posted 2009) [#3]
Unfortunately that's not the case.
Keep in mind I can open/compress my own zip files or other zip files on the internet.
The problem seems to be isolated on google code.

Windows Vista Explorer finds 0kb files inside zip
7zip finds 0kb files inside zip
Windows XP Explorer finds 0kb files inside zip

Tried 2 different computers, 2 different Operating systems, and 7zip/explorer

Unzip fail. I think the files are corrupt.

Brucey(Posted 2009) [#4]
Any particular modules?

Matt McFarland(Posted 2009) [#5]
I tested a handful of them to see if it was just Box2D or not. All tested downloads were messed up :( However, I went specifically for Box2D

Brucey(Posted 2009) [#6]
I just tried the latest libxml on XP and it unzips fine (with winrar) ... will try box2d now.

Brucey(Posted 2009) [#7]
The box2d zip also unzips fine on my XP, with winrar.

So I'm not sure what the problem might be with your setup.
They download to the size listed on the downloads page too. Do your show as the correct size?

Matt McFarland(Posted 2009) [#8]
I apologize :S

It's working just fine now, I managed to unzip them and everything on my windows XP box. Really sorry to waste your time over this. I'll try again on my Vista box when I get off work.

Last night I tried relentlessly to unzip them and all the files wouldnt extract. The sizes were 0kb unzipped etc.

Today I downloaded them on my XP box and just looked inside the zip file to see 0kb files and assumed that was a positive indicator that they corrupt.

Anyway, it's working fine now, I'm just wondering if it was a gliche on google's site or if my vista box is somehow messed up.

Brucey(Posted 2009) [#9]
No worries :-)

Matt McFarland(Posted 2009) [#10]
On my vista box the zip files are read differently, 7z wont even extract them. With vista I have to use explorer and unpack each folder individually because it sees a duplicate file name (0kb file named after the folder) it's really weird..

Beaker(Posted 2009) [#11]
I often see stuff like this with zip files. I always try a different method of extraction (switch from extract to drag/drop or whatever), and if that still doesn't work I try another zip app (7z or winrar). Wierd stuff.