wxWidgets 2.9.0 released

BlitzMax Forums/Brucey's Modules/wxWidgets 2.9.0 released

Brucey(Posted 2009) [#1]
...the other day.

So I'm working on getting everything built against this new release.
Hopefully everything will still work afterwards - and perhaps even work a bit better!

Pete Rigz(Posted 2009) [#2]
yay, good to see it official :) I'm still using a bit of each at the moment. Are the issues with textctrls fixed on windows?

Brucey(Posted 2009) [#3]
Don't know yet. I'm having issues with the "font" sample on Mac at the moment.
It seems to be very slow getting text extents and rendering text into a DC... which is a bit annoying.

Everything else appears to be okay though. The AUI sample is working properly again on Mac. (there were render issues with tool items).

fun fun :-)

Brucey(Posted 2009) [#4]
On a brighter note (if you can call it that), the C++ font sample has the same issues, so it's not a "brucey" bug (this time) :-p

DavidDC(Posted 2009) [#5]
I see they (wxWidgets) are still listing 2.8.10 as the stable release. I think I'll hold back on updating. Thanks so much for keeping the port current though Brucey!

Brucey(Posted 2009) [#6]
The next stable is probably going to be 3.0

I hope they've finished the Cocoa integration by then. I'll be glad when I can toss away the "carbon" stuff :-)

Glenn Dodd(Posted 2009) [#7]
just updated svn.
there were five parts. how many parts are expected?

Brucey(Posted 2009) [#8]
A few more... google has issues with my commits of large filesets... so I have to do it in stages.

Brucey(Posted 2009) [#9]
Windows and Mac are up-to-date now... hopefully.

theHand(Posted 2009) [#10]
Most excellent! Thank you so much, Brucey! Awesomeness!

xlsior(Posted 2009) [#11]
Recompiling WX under Windows appear to fail -- most of it goes OK, until:

Archiving:wxfilehistory.debug.mt.win32.x86.a
ar: creating C:/Code/BlitzMax/mod/wx.mod/wxfilehistory.mod/wxfilehistory.debug.mt.win32.x86.a
Compiling:glue.cpp
C:/Code/BlitzMax/mod/wx.mod/wxdocument.mod/glue.cpp: In function `wxInputStream* bmx_wxdocument_loadobject(wxDocument*, wxInputStream*)':
C:/Code/BlitzMax/mod/wx.mod/wxdocument.mod/glue.cpp:314: error: no matching function for call to `wxDocument::LoadObject(wxInputStream&)'
C:/Code/BlitzMax/mod/wx.mod/include/wx/docview.h:95: note: candidates are: virtual std::istream& wxDocument::LoadObject(std::istream&)
C:/Code/BlitzMax/mod/wx.mod/wxdocument.mod/glue.cpp: In function `wxOutputStream* bmx_wxdocument_saveobject(wxDocument*, wxOutputStream*)':
C:/Code/BlitzMax/mod/wx.mod/wxdocument.mod/glue.cpp:368: error: no matching function for call to `wxDocument::SaveObject(wxOutputStream&)'
C:/Code/BlitzMax/mod/wx.mod/include/wx/docview.h:94: note: candidates are: virtual std::ostream& wxDocument::SaveObject(std::ostream&)
Build Error: failed to compile C:/Code/BlitzMax/mod/wx.mod/wxdocument.mod/glue.cpp

Brucey(Posted 2009) [#12]
It always surprises me that a full build on my end can work fine, and for others not.

xlsior(Posted 2009) [#13]
Incremental builds worked OK without error, it wasn't until I did a makemods -a and makemods -a -h that it started throwing those errors...

xlsior(Posted 2009) [#14]
By the way: downloaded the latest SVN, now compiles again without error -- thanks!

Brucey(Posted 2009) [#15]
I had to "fix" a setup.h header... which, if I'd actually checked my buid notes for Windows, I'd have done before hand :-/