Having problems using bass.mod on PowerPC Mac OSX

BlitzMax Forums/Brucey's Modules/Having problems using bass.mod on PowerPC Mac OSX

C64Retro(Posted 2009) [#1]
Hello!

I'm using am old-model Mac Mini for the first time (using PowerPC chip), and of course I had to try out BlitzMax on it!

I've added Brucey's bass.mod and "Build Modules" seemed to work fine. However, whenever I try and compile a program using this module (and making sure the .dylib is in the right place), I'm getting this:

Building DJFriend2
Compiling:DJFriend2.bmx
Linking:DJFriend2
/usr/bin/ld: /Applications/BlitzMax/mod/bah.mod/bass.mod/lib/macos/libbass.dylib load command 4 unknown cmd field
/usr/bin/ld: /System/Library/Frameworks/WebKit.framework/WebKit load command 19 unknown cmd field
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
Build Error: Failed to link /Applications/BlitzMax/src/DJFriend2/DJFriend2.app/Contents/MacOS/DJFriend2
Process complete

My knowledge of all things Mac is very new, so I'm not quite sure what it's trying to tell me!

Does anyone know what it means, and more importantly, how to fix it?

Thanks in advance!

Boz.

jkrankie(Posted 2009) [#2]
you need to put the bass dylib in the same folder as the actual executable, i.e. find the DJFriend2 app in finder, right click on in, select show package contents, then open contents, then macos and put the bass .dylib in there.

Cheers
Charlie

C64Retro(Posted 2009) [#3]
Thanks for your reply Charlie - I'll have a look at it this evening.