Framework wx.wxApp
Import wx.wxFrame
Import wx.wxTimer
Import wx.wxSlider
Import wx.wxColourDialog
Import wx.wxpropgrid
Import wx.wxComboBox

I get:

If I remove the wxpropgrid import, it compiles properly.

Brucey(Posted 2009) [#2]
Thanks for the heads-up Ziggy.
Seems my link order for Win32 was wrong.

I've updated SVN with a fix.

ziggy(Posted 2009) [#3]
Updated to revision 643, rebuilt ALL the WX modules and still get the same compilation message. Any ideas?

Brucey(Posted 2009) [#4]
Updated to revision 643, rebuilt ALL the WX modules and still get the same compilation message. Any ideas?

Well, until I moved them up the link order, I also saw the same messages.

As you probably know, the way static libraries work, is that you'll only get the parts of a static library that you actually use. So if you link a library with other requirements *after* those requirements have been linked, it possibly won't add the required objects to the binary.

in wx.mod/common.bmx, I moved the following up from the bottom of the list to their current location :
Import "-lwxmsw29u_propgrid"
Import "-lwxmsw29u_stc"
Import "-lwxscintilla"

which fixed the compile errors using your example from the first post.

That should certainly fixed your error too.
You also don't need a full rebuild as it's only a link-time issue.
And when building your app, it should simply re-link and all should be well.

ziggy(Posted 2009) [#5]
Still no luck with it. Moved also the imports to the begining of the ?win32 area, but it's still failing. Is there anything else to check?

Brucey(Posted 2009) [#6]
Is there anything else to check?

That you are in fact changing the module you are building with? (I know it's obvious, but if you have several version installed....), or if you are building threaded app but only non-threaded mods, etc.

Otherwise, it should work now.

I'll now try a cross-compile build to test it out also (ie. win32 build from Mac).

ziggy(Posted 2009) [#7]
After a rebuild it works. Not sure how a rebuild can fix a link time issue, but hey, it's working now. thanks!

Brucey(Posted 2009) [#8]
Glad you got it sorted in the end!

ziggy(Posted 2009) [#9]
@Brucey: do you know if there's any code out there to link a propgrid to a BlitzMax object using reflection? This is what I'm after and I will be happy to do it, just that I don't want to reinvent the wheel.

Brucey(Posted 2009) [#10]
That's an interesting use :-)

But no. Not that I am aware of.

ziggy(Posted 2009) [#11]
I use it all the time on .net this way. and it is a real time saver in the long run. Just another question, do you know if the wxpropertygrid accepts another propertygrid as a property item? I've seen it accepts strings, numbers, checks, combo boxes, colors. If a property of a Max object is another Max object, I would need a propertygrid able to contain another propertygrid as a property item. If that's possible, I see no problem on making my own implementatino based on metadata and reflection.