standard application menu under mac

BlitzMax Forums/Brucey's Modules/standard application menu under mac

GaNDaLDF(Posted 2009) [#1]
Hi, I'm trying with wxWidgets and the menu but under mac I can't set the "Preferences", "About" and "Quit" under the standart application menu.. they are shown in the menu to which they are appended. I use this code:

Local help_menu:wxMenu = New wxMenu.Create()
help_menu.Append(400, "&"+APP_NAME+" Help...~tCtrl-?")
help_menu.AppendSeparator()
help_menu.Append(400, "&Online Support...~tCtrl-I")
help_menu.Append(wxID_ABOUT, "&About "+APP_NAME+"...")
help_menu.Append(wxID_PREFERENCES, "&Preferences")
help_menu.Append(wxID_EXIT, "&Quit "+APP_NAME+"~tCtrl-Q")

Local menu_bar:wxMenuBar = New wxMenuBar.Create(wxMB_DOCKABLE)
menu_bar.Append(help_menu, "&Help")
SetMenuBar(menu_bar)

Only the "About" seems to be under the standard application menu.
Someone know how I can solve it?

Thank you

Brucey(Posted 2009) [#2]
You need build the application using a "custom" appstub module, rather than the default one that is provided with BlitzMax.

The reason being that the default one assumes you want to build a Cocoa-based app, but wxMax is Carbon-based (for now). BlitzMax also attempts to provide its own version of an application menu, which doesn't help matters either.

You can find the custom appstub here : http://code.google.com/p/maxmods/downloads/list?can=2&q=appstub

There's also a version of MaxIDE with built-in support for building with this custom appstub, available on this page : http://brucey.net/programming/blitz/mingw/index.html
For example, instead of cmd-R, you would use shift-cmd-R to run the app using the new appstub.

I know it's a little bit annoying, but there's not much we can do about it. At least we have a workaround.

Hope this helps.

GaNDaLDF(Posted 2009) [#3]
Ok I will try! Thank you anyway for your work.. I know it's nothing easy! ;)
There's a way to hide also the "blue search textbox" that appear by default under the help menu?

Brucey(Posted 2009) [#4]
There's a way to hide also the "blue search textbox" that appear by default under the help menu?

Not that I am aware.
I believe it is a standard menu item.

GaNDaLDF(Posted 2009) [#5]
Ok! I wanted to remove it before because under Carbon it doesn't work..
Now that I've installed your appstub and your modded IDE all work like a charm.. with Cocoa all is right! :)

Thank you!

GaNDaLDF(Posted 2009) [#6]
Ok! I wanted to remove it before because under Carbon it doesn't work..
Now that I've installed your appstub and your modded IDE all work like a charm.. with Cocoa all is right! :)

Thank you!