How come when I install wx.mod I get 50 modules?

BlitzMax Forums/Brucey's Modules/How come when I install wx.mod I get 50 modules?

sswift(Posted 2009) [#1]
Hm, nevermind, it looks like it's supposed to be that way.

sswift(Posted 2009) [#2]

slenkar(Posted 2009) [#3]
ITS BIG MAN

sswift(Posted 2009) [#4]
I know it's big, but I expected one module and 500 functions in it, not 50 modules with 10 functions in each. :-)

plash(Posted 2009) [#5]
wxMax is hardly comprised of 'functions'.

Brucey(Posted 2009) [#6]
I expected one module and 500 functions in it, not 50 modules with 10 functions in each.

Hmm... you must be missing some. I thought there are about 200 modules.

It's designed to be modular. You only include the bits you need. You know, like a shopping list of widgets. :-)

There's also a tutorial included (in the tutorials folder) in the distribution, or you can find a link to it here.
The tutorial covers some of the basics - of creating an application, and some fundamental building blocks.

wxFormBuilder is designed to generate C++ code, but through the wonders of BlitzMax, we can use a "project" file to generate BlitzMax code instead. Although I admit that It probably wants a small tutorial of its own. (Any volunteers? :-p )

Wiebo(Posted 2009) [#7]
tutorial would be great. I might do one for ya if i find the time.

markcw(Posted 2009) [#8]
Also, *ahem* see the c++ tutorials here.

Brucey(Posted 2009) [#9]
The tutorials included with the distro (and via the link above) are actually BlitzMax versions of the C++ tutorials :-)

Since the APIs are so similar, it's relatively easy to port C++ wxWidgets code to BlitzMax. (well, like crossing the road is easy, but you wouldn't do it with your eyes closed).