wxFileDialog no focus?

BlitzMax Forums/Brucey's Modules/wxFileDialog no focus?

Warner(Posted 2009) [#1]
I'm now working on MacOS 10.5.1, and I'm having trouble with wxFileDialog. For some reason, the "open file" dialog doesn't get focus, even not when I click it. I can't click on any of the files, however I am able to open the folders, and click on the cancel/ok button.
This only happens if I run the dialog when a button is clicked. If I place the dialog in the OnInit method, it does get focus.

Alternatively, I tried using RequestFile, but that dialog behaves in the same manner. Also, it generates an error when it is closed.
Anyone any idea what I could try?

Brucey(Posted 2009) [#2]
Welcome to the world of BlitzMax, Mac and Carbon-based Applications :-)

BlitzMax tries to be clever by adding some Cocoa-specific functionality to BRL.Appstub.
This is fine, until you want to do any Carbon UI programming - which wxWidgets currently is.

There is available a module BaH.AppStub, which can be used to get around this issue.

In essence you build your app using this appstub instead of the built-in one.

Using BMK, you can add the following parameter :
-b bah.appstub

If you are using an IDE, it is a little more involved. However, you can find a version of MaxIDE with shortcuts for "wx" builds here. (command-shift-R or command-shift-B, for run and build)

Of course, ideally, BlitzMax wouldn't force these things upon us, but with some things we are stuck, and must invent work-arounds.

HTH

Warner(Posted 2009) [#3]
Ah, I see. So basically, I download the "wx" IDE, and copy bah.appstub to my mods folder, and then press wxRun. That's neat.
appstub:
http://code.google.com/p/maxmods/downloads/list

Edit: It works now! That's great, thank you!