Identifier 'wxPropertyGrid' not found

BlitzMax Forums/Brucey's Modules/Identifier 'wxPropertyGrid' not found

rs22(Posted 2009) [#1]
I have the latest SVN update, and when I try to run propgrid.bmx, I receive the following compile error: "Identifier 'wxPropertyGrid' not found".

Pete Rigz(Posted 2009) [#2]
I have a feeling the property grid was one of the last things not quite working yet with the latest version of wxwidgets. I could be wrong though.

rs22(Posted 2009) [#3]
It used to work!

Pete Rigz(Posted 2009) [#4]
Yeh that's what I mean, wxWidgets moved to version 2.9 or something and since then its had problems. I don't know if there's a way you can get the previous version of wxMax based on version 2.89 of wxWidgets though.

in fact if you download wxMax from here: http://code.google.com/p/wxmax/downloads/list then that might be what you're after. Brucey probably hasn't made the current SVN build official yet until all the creases are ironed out.

Brucey(Posted 2009) [#5]
Yes. wxWidgets 2.9.x now includes wxPropGrid - rather than being a 3rd-party add-on.

The problem though, is that the API was changed considerably, breaking my binding code... and given how much code is actually required to bind wxPropGrid (imagine a lot of code, and you'll have an idea), I've been putting off going through the whole thing to fix it.

It's a little annoying, knowing how much time was spent writing the binding, only to find that it don't work any more...

... but hey, that's progress, eh? ;-)

Wiebo(Posted 2009) [#6]
oh man that sounds terrible. I personally hope you'll get round to it one day :) But what are the major advantages in 2.9.x???

Brucey(Posted 2009) [#7]
But what are the major advantages in 2.9.x???

More bug-fixes than anything... but the move towards 3.0 means a Cocoa version of wxWidgets (for Mac) draws ever closer - which I hope to move over to once it is working as well as the current Carbon version.

Although 2.9.x isn't actually final yet, I thought it best to make the leap early, knowing that if I put it off for too long I might never want to take on the load of changes that are required.
It's been a reasonably amount of work so far, and mostly everything has worked as it did before. Just wxPropGrid has been a bit of a thorn in the side.

spacerat(Posted 2009) [#8]
Any news on this? I personally need to use wxPropGrid, but I also need the bug fixes provided by 2.9. I understand that it's a lot of work to just get one control to work, but I would really appreciate it if you could provide some kind of timeframe for when you might get it to work, so that - at the very least - I can decide whether to wait for it or find another solution.

Brucey(Posted 2009) [#9]
Well, after 5 hours or so, it appears to be more or less working again. fun fun.

Just give me a list of everything that's broken in it, with examples if you can, and I'll see what I can do.