CEGUI - CheckListboxItem & WindowFactoryManager !

BlitzMax Forums/Brucey's Modules/CEGUI - CheckListboxItem & WindowFactoryManager !

Armitage 1982(Posted 2009) [#1]
Hi Brucey

I would like to add this kind of item list box but the C++ code at the end is out of my scope : http://www.cegui.org.uk/wiki/index.php/Create_a_CheckListboxItem

By Design a ListboxItem cannot use a setLooknfeel in order to bind a pre-made looknfeel to the runtime created item like any other TCEWindow would.

WindowFactoryManager is not present in the CEGUI brucey Module.

1) If this class was added in the module would it be possible to call the "CEGUI_WINDOW_FACTORY()" as you need to be in the CEGUI C++ namespace ?

2) If not, how could you use the C++ CEGUI Library from BlitzMax in order to access this namespace ?
Like adding a C++ file in your CEGUI driven BlitzMax project.

I would rather prefer the first solution as the second look's difficult.
An helper function to add those kind of looknfeel would be very appreciated (like the bindCEGUI but with params).

Armitage 1982(Posted 2009) [#2]
Sorry to insist but no Ideas for this feature ?

Brucey(Posted 2009) [#3]
Ideally, one would be able to create a CheckListboxItem BlitzMax object, extending the ItemEntry type and have it automagically handle the factory creation stuff for you.

Alas, this is quite complex :

Our subclassed BlitzMax object would need to be a subclass of ItemEntry, but also flexible enough for you to be able to subclass of ItemEntry in different ways...

Given that the actual instantiation will be done via a factory, we'd need to make sure the right stuff was created...

Armitage 1982(Posted 2009) [#4]
Yes indeed...

I will probably fake this widget until further solution.

Creating a checkbox looknfeel acting like a selectable item is possible (I already did this with Radio Button in order to create image menu).
Then adding widgets based on this new looknfeel in a row inside a scrollable pane will probably give the same result as a listbox with "iconable" items (my goal is create item listbox with icon).
Through you need to generate, handle, positioning and remove the new widgets on the fly yourself which is better than nothing.