error compiling taglib.mod with BM 1.33

BlitzMax Forums/Brucey's Modules/error compiling taglib.mod with BM 1.33

xlsior(Posted 2009) [#1]
I downloaded the new BlitzMax 1.33 RC release, and found thatBrucey's taglib module will no longer compile. It gives me the following error:

Compiling:taglib.bmx
Compile Error: Identifier 'bbStringToUTF8String' not found
[c:/code/blitzmax/mod/bah.mod/taglib.mod/taglib.bmx;196;3]

At the first sight all other modules do compile without errors.

Brucey(Posted 2009) [#2]
Ah... :-)

Thanks for that.

I've been putting off installing 1.33...
I suppose I should really pop back in my own function for that until I'm up-to-date again.

Currently trying to port wxMax to 2.9.0.... *phew*

Glenn Dodd(Posted 2009) [#3]
I am having an issue with Database.mod

C:/Program Files/BlitzMax133r5/mod/bah.mod/database.mod/glue.cpp: In function `void _calcDateValue(BBInt64*, int, int, int, int, int, int)':
C:/Program Files/BlitzMax133r5/mod/bah.mod/database.mod/glue.cpp:40: error: `tm' was not declared in this scope
C:/Program Files/BlitzMax133r5/mod/bah.mod/database.mod/glue.cpp:40: error: expected `;' before "stm"
C:/Program Files/BlitzMax133r5/mod/bah.mod/database.mod/glue.cpp:41: error: `stm' was not declared in this scope
C:/Program Files/BlitzMax133r5/mod/bah.mod/database.mod/glue.cpp:48: error: `mktime' was not declared in this scope
C:/Program Files/BlitzMax133r5/mod/bah.mod/database.mod/glue.cpp: In function `BBString* _formatDate(BBString*, int, int, int, int, int, int)':
C:/Program Files/BlitzMax133r5/mod/bah.mod/database.mod/glue.cpp:54: error: `tm' was not declared in this scope
C:/Program Files/BlitzMax133r5/mod/bah.mod/database.mod/glue.cpp:54: error: expected `;' before "stm"
C:/Program Files/BlitzMax133r5/mod/bah.mod/database.mod/glue.cpp:57: error: `stm' was not declared in this scope
C:/Program Files/BlitzMax133r5/mod/bah.mod/database.mod/glue.cpp:64: error: `strftime' was not declared in this scope
Build Error: failed to compile C:/Program Files/BlitzMax133r5/mod/bah.mod/database.mod/glue.cpp

Brucey(Posted 2009) [#4]
Dear oh dear...

I take it that blitz.h (from brl.blitz) no longer links to pub.stdc - which is good really, but alas, may show up some of my (poorly considered) shortcuts...

Glenn, you might want to try putting
#include <time.h>

before the "extern" line, in that glue.cpp file, and see if that doesn't fix it.

Glenn Dodd(Posted 2009) [#5]
cheers,
I will try that tomorrow as i am working from a clean install to find out why my Flow3D mod causes the BCC.exe to crap out.
I am installing third party mods seperately then checking which one Flow3d.mod clashes with.
it is 11pm in NZ so i guess i go another hour before sleepies as i am due to get up for work at 6am tomorrow. Damn those CEOs who make 7am meetings...

Glenn Dodd(Posted 2009) [#6]
the other ones i had issues with were raknet (multiple folders) and the xlwriter (but this is only because it is dependant on some wx stuff which i haven't brought down yet).

xlsior(Posted 2009) [#7]
Thanks again, Brucey!

Just downloaded the RC5, re-synced modules, and everything recompiled OK.

Glenn Dodd(Posted 2009) [#8]
Any ideas what I need to do with this module?

C:/Program Files/BlitzMax133r5/mod/bah.mod/raknet.mod/glue.cpp: In function `int bmx_Packet_GetPacketIdentifier(Packet*)':
C:/Program Files/BlitzMax133r5/mod/bah.mod/raknet.mod/glue.cpp:630: error: `assert' was not declared in this scope
Build Error: failed to compile C:/Program Files/BlitzMax133r5/mod/bah.mod/raknet.mod/glue.cpp

Brucey(Posted 2009) [#9]
You could try adding:
#include <assert.h>

to the top of that file...

or just comment it out for now.

Possibly also related to 1.33 internal changes...

Glenn Dodd(Posted 2009) [#10]
definitely 1.33 related. I have all your modules and i never have a problem with updates.

Mahan(Posted 2009) [#11]
I'm using 1.33 + MinGW 5.1.4 + bah.Database + bah.DbMySql and I had to do the following changes to have the bah.Database module to compile, after which it seems to work nice (I've run a test against my local MySQL):

1.) Added "#include <time.h>" right after the header comment in glue.cpp just as Brucey suggested

2.) Added the line "Import BRL.MAP" right after the line "Import BRL.LinkedList" in Database.bmx.