libmysql.dll

BlitzMax Forums/Brucey's Modules/libmysql.dll

Chaduke(Posted 2009) [#1]
Looks like MySQL recently updated their connector to version 6. I used the new libmysql.dll from that package and I'm trying to run the tests in dbmysql.mod\tests

Test 1 worked just fine but test 2 produces this error:

DebugLog:(3) Error resetting statement (4068) :

I downloaded a version of libmysql.dll from dll-files.com but I have no idea what version it is. Test 2 runs now but it appears to only insert one record. I haven't figured out by examining the code if this is correct behavior or not. I'm still a bit new to BlitzMax and I'm just getting started with this mysql mod.

My question at this point is, how do I know I'm using the correct version of libmysql.dll that works against dbmysql.mod? (I can't find MySQL connector version 5 / C on the mysql site)

PS - I downloaded the mod from svn this morning, the direct download from google code doesn't compile with BMax1.32, gives a TMap not found error.

Chaduke(Posted 2009) [#2]
Ok, little more info -

The dll I downloaded from dll-files appears to be working with the rest of the examples, but I haven't verified it fully. Test 2 was only inserting 1 record because the For loop said Until 1 instead of Until names.length

Brucey(Posted 2009) [#3]
Version 6 already?

Yeah, the module is currently set up for 5.x. But you can use a 5 dll with a 6 database without too much trouble. In fact, you can probably use a 4 dll too.

I wonder if it is worth now updating the files to use 6 instead. Or add notes, perhaps. Or include the dll with the module...

Chaduke(Posted 2009) [#4]
Including the dll wouldn't be bad idea since there's no way that I can see on the MySQL website to download it. They only show version 6 now.