wxWigdets 2.9.0 +

BlitzMax Forums/Brucey's Modules/wxWigdets 2.9.0 +

Brucey(Posted 2009) [#1]
Since wxWidgets 2.9 is due out in the not too distant future... and since it comes with lots of potentially wxMax-breaking changes, I've decided to do a 1.01 full release now with the current source and then dive into bringing the code up to par with the new 2.9.0 branch.

The current source is based on 2.8.9. I know there was a 2.8.10 released recently, but I'd rather cut it now, and work towards 2.9 (and eventually 3.0!).

By the time 3.0 arrives, we should (hopefully) have a good working Cocoa build - which is quite exciting - as I can then start using some of the nice Cocoa-only Mac frameworks... :-p

Anyhoo... back to work.

Mr. Write Errors Man(Posted 2009) [#2]
Sounds like a good plan.

Brucey(Posted 2009) [#3]
Well, after 4 hours I've managed to get a workable build of 2.9.0 for macosx86 (ie. apps build and run), albeit with a few issues :
* wxpropgrid is broken
* wxsheet is broken
* wxshapeframework is broken
* wxscintilla has issues

Interestingly, wxpropgrid and wxstc (scintilla) are both part of wxWidgets now. Alas, the propgrid API has changed significantly - watching the errors *scroll* up the screen is never a good sign. These are wrapper errors.

The errors with wxsheet are with wxsheet itself - being incompatible with API updates. Hopefully I can fix those myself.

wxshapeframework again is broken due to API changes.

wxscintilla will need some tweaks to get my blitzmax lexer working again. I was building it directly into the compile of the wxscintilla source, but now I'll need to work out how to enable it externally... hopefully that's only one line of code somewhere...

I've had to change a lot of code because of changes to underlying structures and functionality. For example the API for wxVScrolledWindow has completely changed - so I had to rewrite that to match.

Otherwise, things seem, at least on the surface, to be working.
Of course, I've got to try out all the samples and whatnot to see if everything is behaving.

And then of course there's the issue of the other platforms (windows/Linux)....

Oh well... we'll see ;-)

Brucey(Posted 2009) [#4]
well, shapeframework compiles now, but it don't work no more... ho hum...

I suppose propgrid is the biggest outstanding issue, as everything else seems mostly to be working.

Pete Rigz(Posted 2009) [#5]
Thanks for your continued work on this!

DavidDC(Posted 2009) [#6]
Yes thanks Brucey - it means a lot to me.

Brucey(Posted 2009) [#7]
My new Mac Universal Builds feature meant I had to pull the finger out and get the PPC build of wxMax synced with the other platforms.

The static libraries are now in SVN. :-)