wx and Max2D?

BlitzMax Forums/Brucey's Modules/wx and Max2D?

Mr. Write Errors Man(Posted 2009) [#1]
I looked at the samples and module source briefly. I can't fully understand how I would make a wx app that included stuff like LoadImage, SetRotation, DrawImage and so forth.

Before I waste too much time trying to figure this stuff up, can someone post and say that it works ok?

DavidDC(Posted 2009) [#2]
Yes it works. Check Max2d.bmx and glMax2d.bmx in the samples.

Mr. Write Errors Man(Posted 2009) [#3]
Thanks for confirmation.

Yes I checked those samples AND the 2D modules which they use. The amount of commented-out code, and seemingly missing functions, is what scared me a bit.

I'll look deeper in those two mods and try to figure out how to do stuff like draw rotated Images in a functional wx app.

DavidDC(Posted 2009) [#4]
Well I am using a wxGlCanvas with LoadImage, DrawImage, DrawImageRect, SetBlend, Cls, Flip, DrawText, SetScale and DrawRect.

I hadn't tried rotation but did just then and it seemed to work OK.

Mr. Write Errors Man(Posted 2009) [#5]
Argh. I was simply missing "Import brl.pngloader". 7 freaking hours! :D

DavidDC(Posted 2009) [#6]
Oh yeah - been there, done that!

DreamLoader(Posted 2009) [#7]
so i wonder if wxmax2d support all the max2d funcitons like maxgui canvas? do functions like drawimage/setimagefont/tileimage work fine?
also is it possible to capture event such as canvas mousemove/mousedown(like maxgui canvas)??

just have not enough time to test this but plan to use wx for a
editor project.

Mr. Write Errors Man(Posted 2009) [#8]
Have only just begun testing it, but so far it looks good. If it really works 100%, I will absolutely love this.

DreamLoader(Posted 2009) [#9]
hi,image functions workr fine here,but imagefont doesn't,can you try to confirm?

Mr. Write Errors Man(Posted 2009) [#10]
Sorry didn't find time to test it yet. Will try to test today or tomorrow.

DreamLoader(Posted 2009) [#11]
i tested it works!i forgot to add the freetype and font.mod!