Out of Office

BlitzMax Forums/Brucey's Modules/Out of Office

Brucey(Posted 2009) [#1]
I'm going to be offline for a couple of weeks..

So, apologies in advance if I don't respond in the usual timely fashion.

As far as I am aware, the current modules should be compatible with any future releases of BlitzMax - should anything exciting happen while I'm not here.
Although, if it all falls apart... well...

:-)

xlsior(Posted 2009) [#2]
Have fun!

Mr. Write Errors Man(Posted 2009) [#3]
Are you already gone? :) This is one of those "It's already too late and wife is nagging, so I'll make the post tomorrow" moments.

Just begun looking at wx yesterday and I was wondering if the skinning stuff was available somewhere? You mentioned you had it working on Win, and that is all I need.

BTW are those wx examples fully implemented? Not all menu items work in many examples (nothing happens, or what's indicated by the menu title does not happen) and there were some refresh issues with list control (changing type looked ok, but if you clicked on the control it would update like it was of old type).

Anyway, enjoy your time offline. :)

Retimer(Posted 2009) [#4]
Heh, catch up on some sleep eh? =p

@mr errors
wxSkin wrap is working for windows and linux, but not mac. I'm pretty sure I saw an example somewhere recently (recent as in the last few months).

Same issue with list control, but not a big deal as we get what we need out of it.

Brucey(Posted 2009) [#5]
Thanks. Not quite gone :-)

wondering if the skinning stuff was available somewhere

It's on my harddrive... and not sure of its current state. I had implemented enough to port the C++ example to BlitzMax... and since it wasn't working on Mac (my primary platform) I dropped its priority to the bottom of the list.
Of what I did get working, it does look good.

BTW are those wx examples fully implemented?

Not fully, no. Put it down to laziness if you will - or the tedium of porting large swathes of C++ samples to BlitzMax.

There are some nice introductory tutorials available in the distribution (mirrored online too), and for a reasonably complete BlitzMax application you could look at wxCodeGen.

Talking of wxCodeGen, if you want to use a GUI editor to design your windows, wxCodeGen can generate code from wxFormBuilder project files.
(in fact, wxCodeGen's GUI is built by itself, so it's also a good example of this implementation).

If you get stuck otherwise, the nice folks around here are generally very helpful :-)

Mr. Write Errors Man(Posted 2009) [#6]
Thanks for response. :)

Any chance you release unofficially the skinning stuff? Need it only for Windows...

byo(Posted 2009) [#7]
Have fun!

slenkar(Posted 2009) [#8]
have a good holiday

Armitage 1982(Posted 2009) [#9]
Have nice weeks out there :-)
Bbye

Winni(Posted 2009) [#10]
I sure hope that you are going on vacation and don't have a rather uncomfortable reason to go offline (like a stay in a hospital or something).

Anyway, take care and have a good time, Brucey! :)

Space_guy(Posted 2009) [#11]
Take care and welcome back when your back:)

DavidDC(Posted 2009) [#12]
I'm asking myself: "can I last 2 weeks without Brucey's help?" :-) Have a great break Brucey!

plash(Posted 2009) [#13]
We'll miss you :P

Have fun!