Can't find interface

BlitzMax Forums/Brucey's Modules/Can't find interface

TwoCorin517(Posted 2009) [#1]
I've looked around here searched and googled it, I can't seem to find a solution.
I wanted to integrate with xml, and so i knew that brucey made mods, so I looked there first... Sure enough, he had a module. The only version available was src so I dled that. I had a bunch of trouble with rebuilding modules, then had more trouble with building it, but i finally built it and got it in the right .mod.

from here I took the bookstore example, copied it into the tmp dir and tried to compile... I got this error: can't find interface for bah.libxml

any ideas? all I want is to try out xml with BMax.

Brucey(Posted 2009) [#2]
Okay... first thing.. make sure the folders are organised like this :

BlitzMax/mod/bah.mod/libxml.mod

Case for the two .mod folders is important.
Once that is correct, you can Build modules.

Once modules are built, you should be able to Import BaH.libxml.
If you get the "can't find interface" then it is probably not built... which is usually because either the case for the folder names is wrong, or the module is in the wrong place, or MinGW isn't compiling properly.

The main reason I don't provide pre-compiled modules is that the work involved in building a new compiled release is much greater than providing source only. And given the number of modules, it could suck up a lot of my time just building compiled modules.

Anyhoo... see how you get on.

TwoCorin517(Posted 2009) [#3]
All of those check out:
Folder organization, they're built, and the absolute latest of MinGW is installed.

Brucey(Posted 2009) [#4]
If you go, on the command-line, into your BlitzMax/bin folder, you should be able to run the following command :
bmk makemods -a bah.libxml

If that doesn't do anything, it is not installed correctly.

If it builds okay, then you should simply be able to make the app.

What version of BlitzMax are you using?

If you are using the IDE from SVN, make sure you don't have the "thread build" enabled (unless you have also built the module specifically for "threading") - if you don't know what I'm talking about, then you can ignore this :-)

TwoCorin517(Posted 2009) [#5]
It worked absolutely fine before and I got it to compile, but now its giving me an error.
Build Error: Failed to compile C:/Program Files/BlitzMax/mod/bah.mod/libxml.mod/src/SAX.c

Brucey(Posted 2009) [#6]
Does it provide more information, like the reason it failed?

TwoCorin517(Posted 2009) [#7]
No, no more information.