Help with Brucey's modules in Vista

BlitzMax Forums/Brucey's Modules/Help with Brucey's modules in Vista

Rico(Posted 2009) [#1]
Hello I have just got a faster laptop which operates under Vista. I have installed Blitz 1.3 on it so far but I am not sure what to do next. I need Fmod and Box2d to run my game. Will minGW work under Vista? Is there anything I should know before installing any modules?

I am very new to Vista so it all feels a bit uncomfortable so far.

Thank you very much - Rico :)

BTW what is the latest version of Box2D called? (version number)

Volker(Posted 2009) [#2]
Install MingW under Vista:
http://ziggybcn.proboards31.com/index.cgi?board=publisher&action=display&thread=134

Rico(Posted 2009) [#3]
That looks great Volker - I am going to give that a go. Thank you very much for your help.

Brucey(Posted 2009) [#4]
Yeah, once you get MinGW set up properly, getting the modules working should be exactly the same as for XP.

BTW what is the latest version of Box2D called?

The official number? I'm not sure. I always take the Box2D source direct from its SVN repository. This means it should be versioned at whatever is Current + any recent changes.

xlsior(Posted 2009) [#5]
Will minGW work under Vista?

Yup -- both under 32 bit and 64 bit.

Rico(Posted 2009) [#6]
Hello I am trying to do this now. I am having problems. I have downloaded the latest version of box2d (1.03) from the google site.

It is in zip form and when I extract it to a new folder I get the message. 'There is already a file with the same name as the folder name you specified. Specify a different name.'

Below this is a picture of a folder and it says doc
Type : File Folder

I'd be grateful if someone could help. I have tried extracting it to various folders and I get the same error message. Thank you. I am using Vista. Ijust tried doing the same thing on my older Windows XP laptop and it extracted fine.

TaskMaster(Posted 2009) [#7]
Copy it extracted from the xp system to the Vista system...

Rico(Posted 2009) [#8]
I proably will do that. Thank you. Can anyone tell me why it won't extract properly - it makes me worried that there is something wrong with my system. Thanks :)