wxMovies

BlitzMax Forums/Brucey's Modules/wxMovies

Brucey(Posted 2009) [#1]
Want to build an app to play movies?

Now it's easier than ever, with wxMediaCtrl.

There's a small sample (mediaplayer) available which demonstrates some very basic usage.
It's currently running on Mac and Win32. Get it via wxMax's SVN repository.

Not built into the Linux build yet as I'm still investigating if it requires GStreamer to be available for any build of wxMax, or only when you use wxMediaCtrl.

On Mac it uses Quicktime. On Win32, it uses media player or direct show (no idea if that means the same thing or not).

DavidDC(Posted 2009) [#2]
Hooray! Tested on XP and it is great - smart resizes and all! Thanks so much for adding this.

Brucey(Posted 2009) [#3]
I've got it running on Linux now.

However, it requires linking to GStreamer. But, I think I can link to the GStreamer libs from the wxMediaCtrl module, and therefore it shouldn't make any overhead for the rest of wxMax...
Well, that's what my tests seem to prove...

Committed.

Of course, if you want to build from wxWidgets source, you will now require GStreamer dev on Linux. Not a huge problem, I think.

TaskMaster(Posted 2009) [#4]
Nice, thanks Brucey, this is the one I have been waiting for!

Space Fractal(Posted 2009) [#5]
does this need the wx library?

I would want this to work with MaxGUI as well, includning rotation support. This is due My Application, MultiFE, can been software rotated by the user and is going to support movies too.

The only problem is playing movies using htmlgadget dosent support rotated movies (which is AVI with Xdiv codes).

I do check this sooner or later, but is not really needed my my app, due that way it works.

Brucey(Posted 2009) [#6]
does this need the wx library?

Yep.

You might need to look elsewhere for such a library without the wx requirement.