Another wxRadio bug

BlitzMax Forums/Brucey's Modules/Another wxRadio bug

Pete Rigz(Posted 2009) [#1]
Hello, radio buttons seem to not like me :)

This bug causes the application to freeze completely, and I've managed to recreate the problem with a small example. Basically I wanted to put a set of radio buttons on their own panel, so that I could disable that panel, and therefore "grey out" the static box sizer and all the controls it contained when they didn't apply based various other settings were active/inactive.

Here's the example:

I bet it's another windows issue, bah! :)

Oh, to crash it, just run and click a radio button in the first group.

Thanks!

Brucey(Posted 2009) [#2]
It might be to do with this Style mentioned in the documentation :

wxRB_SINGLE:
In some circumstances, radio buttons that are not consecutive siblings trigger a hang bug in Windows (only). If this happens, add this style to mark the button as not belonging to a group, and implement the mutually-exclusive group behaviour yourself.

?

Pete Rigz(Posted 2009) [#3]
Ahh interesting. Yeh that seems to have fixed it. Hmm, I winder if that will fix the other problem I was having with the radio buttons generating events when switching tabs...

Brucey(Posted 2009) [#4]
I'm not sure, but this Windows bug is an old one. I believe you can also crash MaxGUI in the same way...
Fun fun ;-)

Pete Rigz(Posted 2009) [#5]
No it doesn't, which is a shame. I might try and use radio boxes instead as they seem to be free of these issues, haven't properly tested yet though.