bah.locale

BlitzMax Forums/Brucey's Modules/bah.locale

jkrankie(Posted 2009) [#1]
This mod looks really handy, especially as there is a utility for making the xml files included :) my only hesitation from using it is that i don't quite understand the MIT licence, if i am writing a shareware game can i still use it?

Cheers
Charlie

Brucey(Posted 2009) [#2]
if i am writing a shareware game can i still use it?

Yes, you can :-)

jkrankie(Posted 2009) [#3]
cool, cheers Brucey :•)

Cheers
Charlie

Htbaa(Posted 2009) [#4]
I was wondering, this module seems complete and done enough. But the only way to get it is via Subversion. Not that I mind, I use Subversion anyway. But is there a reason for this?

Brucey(Posted 2009) [#5]
But is there a reason for this?

Laziness? ;-)

I'll sort something out.

Htbaa(Posted 2009) [#6]
Haha I wouldn't dare call you lazy :P

Artemis(Posted 2009) [#7]
As far as I am clear in mind there is a download of the current locale module at googlecode: http://code.google.com/p/maxmods/downloads/detail?name=locale_1_02_src.zip&can=2&q=

You need the libxml module, too, which is 1.13 (1.14 is current): http://code.google.com/p/maxmods/downloads/detail?name=libxml_1_13_src.zip&can=2&q=

Brucey(Posted 2009) [#8]
He's right!... there is one available for download....

heh.. So many I don't even know myself.. :-p

Htbaa(Posted 2009) [#9]
Oh I hadn't looked over there. Since on the main page the modules that do have a direct download are linked, and locale.mod wasn't.

siread(Posted 2009) [#10]
Hi Brucey, I'm trying to use the BLF Builder to load unicode csv files (added "UTF8::" to the CSV load function) but how do I get it to save as a UTF-8 blf? The resulting blf currently does this:

<trans lang="bg">&#x431;&#x44A;&#x43B;&#x433;&#x430;&#x440;&#x441;&#x43A;&#x438; &#x435;&#x437;&#x438;&#x43A;</trans>

Brucey(Posted 2009) [#11]
Those are UTF-8 encoded characters... (for example the first one is 1073, which is cyrillic b)

Do you need them to be visible as characters instead?
When libxml loads the xml, you will get the strings as you'd expect.

siread(Posted 2009) [#12]
Ah cool. I think I'm good to go with translations now, thanks. :)