box2d.mod And gcc 4.3.x

BlitzMax Forums/Brucey's Modules/box2d.mod And gcc 4.3.x

Ole JR(Posted 2008) [#1]
Here's what happens:
BlitzMax/mod/bah.mod/box2d.mod/glue.cpp:250: error: multiple parameters named ‘joint’
BlitzMax/mod/bah.mod/box2d.mod/glue.cpp:1693: error: extra qualification ‘MaxContactFilter::’ on member ‘MaxContactFilter’
BlitzMax/mod/bah.mod/box2d.mod/glue.cpp:1698: error: extra qualification ‘MaxContactFilter::’ on member ‘ShouldCollide’
BlitzMax/mod/bah.mod/box2d.mod/glue.cpp:1721: error: extra qualification ‘MaxContactListener::’ on member ‘MaxContactListener’
BlitzMax/mod/bah.mod/box2d.mod/glue.cpp:1726: error: extra qualification ‘MaxContactListener::’ on member ‘Add’
BlitzMax/mod/bah.mod/box2d.mod/glue.cpp:1730: error: extra qualification ‘MaxContactListener::’ on member ‘Persist’
BlitzMax/mod/bah.mod/box2d.mod/glue.cpp:1734: error: extra qualification ‘MaxContactListener::’ on member ‘Remove’
BlitzMax/mod/bah.mod/box2d.mod/glue.cpp:1738: error: extra qualification ‘MaxContactListener::’ on member ‘Result’
BlitzMax/mod/bah.mod/box2d.mod/glue.cpp:1759: error: extra qualification ‘MaxBoundaryListener::’ on member ‘MaxBoundaryListener’
BlitzMax/mod/bah.mod/box2d.mod/glue.cpp:1764: error: extra qualification ‘MaxBoundaryListener::’ on member ‘Violation’
BlitzMax/mod/bah.mod/box2d.mod/glue.cpp:2573: error: extra qualification ‘MaxDestructionListener::’ on member ‘MaxDestructionListener’
BlitzMax/mod/bah.mod/box2d.mod/glue.cpp:2578: error: extra qualification ‘MaxDestructionListener::’ on member ‘SayGoodbye’
BlitzMax/mod/bah.mod/box2d.mod/glue.cpp:2587: error: extra qualification ‘MaxDestructionListener::’ on member ‘SayGoodbye’
Atleast on Fedora 10..

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#2]
Thanks, I'll look into it :-)

Ole JR(Posted 2008) [#3]

Another one while I'm at it.

It seem that the sources for boost/time_date needs an update for 4.3 too,
getting a bunch of errors from inside /src/boost/date_time/*

Oh.. Seems an easy fix for the first one I posted:
http://www.fourmilab.ch/fourmilog/archives/2006-05/000699.html

EDIT:
For the record:

Think there's a newer version of the boostlib out the door.

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#4]
Oh.. Seems an easy fix for the first one I posted:

Yeah... newer GCC's are much more picky than those of old. ;-)

Brucey(Posted 2009) [#5]
Fixed the box2d issues. :-)

Brucey(Posted 2009) [#6]
I've updated to boost 1.36 - I know it's not the latest 1.37, but it's the one I had already updated my local code-base to. It takes quite a while to get the source updated, unfortunately.

I've only tested this on my Mac, but now it's in, it's a bit easier to get it onto my other systems.

Ole JR(Posted 2009) [#7]
Nice!

The box2d mod compiles without errors now.
But still getting errors with datetime, although now only about half the old one..

Seem like there's an issue with graphviz too, but that's not your/their fault.
Just that, atleast on my Fedora 10 box, there's no include file named 'stropts.h' anymore. I'll keep you posted on my findings about this..

Brucey(Posted 2009) [#8]
I guess I really need to get 4.x running on my Linux box.

Ole JR(Posted 2009) [#9]
Or I could downgrade, but seeing that most distro's now come with only 4.x me think that getting the mods to work on that version is the best way to go..
Infact I think Fedora is one of the few that still has 3.x packages to install. Think they even have some kind of 2.9x support for that matter, just to keep the folks over at Redhat happy :-)

And Suse got the 3.x packages to, but from an obscure repo that even broke the 4.x installation..

Anyhow, I'll keep doing the work on windows, so no need to hurry getting things working just to keep me happy anyway :-)

Brucey(Posted 2009) [#10]
Or I could downgrade

Seems a little extreme :-)

I've got a 4.x build idling on the box... and now that Max is meant to work properly on it, I'll just re-adjust paths, and hopefully it'll be up an running in no time.

Brucey(Posted 2009) [#11]
getting a bunch of errors from inside /src/boost/date_time/*

Sorry for the rather loooong delay... I've finally upgraded to Ubuntu 8.10, and have got around to building BlitzMax from scratch using the latest gcc.

Fixed the datatime compile issue.