Having fun with Modules :-)

BlitzMax Forums/Brucey's Modules/Having fun with Modules :-)

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#1]
Downloads for RadioBaH (0.9 beta) - Shoutcast player :

Win32 - 2.8 meg
Mac (Intel) - 3.8 meg

It even has its own homepage now!

---------

Sometimes I will get an urge to actually *use* my modules for something useful - even if you might want to simply call them tech-demos...

Having seen Grisu's little audio player, I thought, "Hey, that'd be cool to try, and would let me get some serious time with the modules".

So, here's a little screenie of the terribly named RadioBaH :

Modules used in this little project are :
wxMax
BaH.Bass
BaH.Cairo
BaH.Libcurl
BaH.Libxml
BaH.Growl (Mac)

All drawing done by Cairo :-)
(It really is a sweet drawing library, Cairo).

Dialogs are designed in wxFormBuilder, so I don't have to care about coding UI. (other than the very-custom main display UI using Cairo).

Lets you play any of the mpeg/aac shoutcast streams as listed on shoutcast.com. (you click on TUNE to bring up channel selection dialog).
Current track name scrolls in the top display.
Live left/right audio levels.
Scrolling channel/station name in main display.
bitrate display.
etc..

Only on day 2 of this little project, so there is a lot of functionality still missing :
* Numbered buttons intend to be Favourite channels selection.
* Volume dial will rotate on mouse-wheel.
* Localizable
* etc.

Runs on Mac and Win32 ;-)

Oh.. and that is the FULL window. No titlebar etc... you can drag it around and whatnot.

Yeah, I know there are hundreds of these apps out there already, but as I say above, it's really just for some module practice :-)

plash(Posted 2008) [#2]
Great to see you're using your own modules in a project :P

Is the main window a wxGLCanvas?

When can we play with it?

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#3]
Great to see you're using your own modules in a project :P

I'm usually too busy making modules to do any proper projects, so it's a nice change ;-)

Is the main window a wxGLCanvas?

No. It's a plain wxPanel.
No OpenGL used here. All drawing is to a cairo context, which is then drawn onto the panel.

When can we play with it?

Once I've got the "dials" working, I can post a working version, which currently is one exe plus bass.dll. (On Mac, bass is included in the app bundle, which is a bit neater).

Blitzplotter(Posted 2008) [#4]
Nice looking app Brucey....

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#5]
"betas" now available for download.... (see top of first post for links)

Quick usage instructions :

* Quit by double-clicking on the POWER button.
* Click on TUNE to find station -> click on a Genre, then double-click on a station/channel. It should start playing.
* Use scrollwheel on VOLUME dial to change volume.
* Click once on POWER/PAUSE button to pause audio. Click again to play.

That's about it for now.
Obviously, there's lots still to do - like making the station chooser dialog work properly, and add favourites etc.
But given it's only been 2 days in the making, it's not too bad considering....

Feedback appreciated :-)

plash(Posted 2008) [#6]
Windows release (XP)
The window shows up in the task tray! (with a blank title)

The volume should be changed by clicking and dragging the dial.

Very kewl! (it works, btw)

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#7]
Yeah, it's a little rough around the edges ;-)

The volume should be changed by clicking and dragging the dial.

It was easier to add the scrollwheel for starters. I also want to add an indication so that it appears to rotate.

The window shows up in the task tray!

It does? heh...
Also wants a proper Icon too, probably.

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#8]
Updated. (see links at top)

Search window now works as intended :
* Type into Genre box to focus on specific named genres.
* Search for specific text in the search box.

Added support for AAC streams, as well as mp3.
Added support for localization. (needs localized ;-)
Improved display efficiency in places.
App should now remember settings between launches.

slenkar(Posted 2008) [#9]
pretty good ,
did you make the buttons yourself?

you check for button pushes with wxmax but they are drawn with cairo?

What advantages does cairo have?

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#10]
did you make the buttons yourself?

heh, no. I ripped it out of a Chrysler.

you check for button pushes with wxmax but they are drawn with cairo?
What advantages does cairo have?

I'm simply using Cairo for the rendering of the graphics and text, in the same way you might used Max2D - except that Cairo has much finer control over what is drawn where and how. And instead of rendering to an OpenGL context, I am rendering into a Pixmap.

wxMax, on the main window, just detects mouse positioning and button events. Elsewhere it handles the load/save of the settings, localization, and of course, the other dialogs.

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#11]
Updated again. (see links at top)

Added support for Favourites :
* Right-click on a numbered button to add/remove favourite.
* Left-click on numbered button to select favourite.

Added station URL button.
Added search progress bar to search window.

:-)

DavidDC(Posted 2008) [#12]
Hey, this is really great Brucey! Well done :-) I've been playing it all morning. Love the ui look and feel.

I know it's only a demo but it's begging to be fleshed out a bit because it's so cute.

If you wanted no taskbar icon in win32 you could use the window creation style:

wxFRAME_NO_TASKBAR

And to move the app window quickly with the mouse use:

HasCapture(), CaptureMouse() and ReleaseMouse() in OnMouseUp/Down & app cleanup.

PS: Taskmanager says it's using 0 CPU. Got to love that...

slenkar(Posted 2008) [#13]
yea ill probably use this as my radio player, its efficient and doesnt have spyware, and has a good list of radio stations

DavidDC(Posted 2008) [#14]
Me too :-)

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#15]
HasCapture(), CaptureMouse() and ReleaseMouse()

Funnily enough I tried that, on both platforms, and for some reason it didn't work. (which is more funny considering the C++ code in wxSkin, which I was using as a reference, works...)

Me thinks I'm doing something wrong somewhere.

DavidDC(Posted 2008) [#16]
Re MouseCapture: Definitely works for me in XP. I use it for both my custom sliders and the custom titlebar.

Armitage 1982(Posted 2008) [#17]
Nice one !
Only one thing through : maybe a threaded version would be better for loading every streams cause when one of those is dead the application freeze and nothing at all is possible, even closing it.
Never need to go at 1Club.fm anymore ^^
thanks !

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#18]
Re MouseCapture: Definitely works for me in XP.

Finally, worked out what I had been doing wrong. Works properly now :-) Thanks!

...the application freeze and nothing at all is possible

Not sure there is much I can do about that, other than perhaps to check if the url exists (using libcurl) before I try to attach to it with BASS.
Don't really want to threaded if I can help it.

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#19]
Another update. (see links at top)

* Fixed dragging, as per DavidDC's advice :-)
* Volume is now controllable via mouse drag. (Up or Right = Vol++)
* Now has own icon. (fumbled my way around this on both platforms. No idea about icon sizes on Windows... so who knows. And on Mac, you need to hack the plist in the app bundle to tell it the name of the icns file - what's all that about? Surely all this fiddling can be made easier? Hello Mark!)

Win32 Specific
* Now appears in systray, with shortcut menu.

Mac Specific
* Added Dock shortcut menu.
* Added Growl support - when not active app, sends Growl notification of new track. ;-)

On Mac, is now also using BaH.Growl module !
(Implementing Growl support is about 6 or 7 lines of code... some to add the app to Growl framework, some to send notifications. Growl rocks :-)

Tachyon(Posted 2008) [#20]
Very cool, Brucey. I have a request- unless you plan on selling this, how about sharing the source so we can study how you've utilized all these modules. I'm sure I (and others) could get a lot more use out of your modules if I better understood the full capabilities of them!

Also- no Linux version?? That is unlike you! ;)

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#21]
Grrrowl in action on Mac :

(actually a very nice notification tool - many apps on Mac use it, like Skype and Cyberduck. Didn't have a use for it until now)

no Linux version??

I've been meaning to mail the BASS developer, as apparently he has linux BASS libs in beta, which would be kinda funky. It's on my TODO list :-)

I have a request...

I shall have a think about it. Not that there's anything earth-shattering in there. Perhaps if I can get some volunteers to help with localization, I'll be more tempted to... ;-)

Sell? You jest.

DavidDC(Posted 2008) [#22]
Hey - nice icon Brucey! And the sys tray bit is cute too. Dragging working a treat in win2...

Very nice update thanks!

And Growl too I see... now you're getting fancy!

You could use the same dragging technique on your volume control knob... ;-)

plash(Posted 2008) [#23]
(windows)

In the Channel Search window sorting by Channel, Bitrate, and Current does not work.
The Channel Search window is re-sizable but does not have a maximize button.
I think the Channel Search window should also show up in the task bar (did I say task tray before? my bad!)

I don't know if you can get this by using BASS, but it would be nice to have viewer count, like what ShoutCast does (makes it easier to find the better channels in the list).

I like the volume dragging, but I often find myself moving the mouse outside of the window to get the volume to change to what I want, maybe you could hide the mouse and reset its position, to the click position on the dial, and use the difference from the old position to the new to calculate change.. Although I only know of the functions for doing such in a windows environment :(
Maybe also an Always-on-top option, and an option for hiding the main window.

Working great!!

EDIT: You should also be able to clear the Search query by entering "" in the search text control (currently it disables the Search button when the control has no text.)

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#24]
Yet Another little update. (see links at top)

This version :
* Fixes the volume mouse drag issue where it stopped dragging outside the button area.
* Adds listener count to Search, as well as making the columns sortable! (was a bit of a pain that, and had to implement some missing functionality in wxListCtrl - haw!)
* Adds size buttons to Search.
* Adds Hide button to main window (think, minimize) - left click on tray/dock icon to show (probably wants a menu option for that too, I guess).
* Adds Favourites tooltips over buttons, as well as making Favourite selectable via the popup menu (right-click on Favourite).

That's about it for this version...

Still need to sort out the Setup window, and the other Search/Favourites/Custom options.

Oh, when "hidden" on my Mac Mini, CPU usage drops to about 1.5% for a 128kbps stream. :-)

plash(Posted 2008) [#25]
Awesome!!

I crave a Linux version.

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#26]
Yeah, I *really* need to mail that BASS guy... off to do it now.

plash(Posted 2008) [#27]
Formatting bug with channel URL's, with the top Techno channel (www.di.fm) RadioBaH tries to open 'http:// http//www.di.fm' when you hit the url button.

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#28]
Looks like they have a space before the "http"... so I guess I'll need to Trim() the string first...

plash(Posted 2008) [#29]
You should give the main window a title, I can see it when alt-tabbing (kind of nice) but I don't know whether it's a locked up or rogue application.

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#30]
You should give the main window a title

I thought I had... funny, I was sure I had :-)
Can't seem to get the icon set for alt-tabbing though. Any ideas? It's in the resources, and I've tried setting it on the window itself... At least it looks nice on the Mac ;-)

plash(Posted 2008) [#31]
PE32 (and ResHacker) throw an error why I try to load the executable (in ResHackers case, attempt to view the icon [Icon Group>101>1033]).

PE32 says "Pixel format not valid for cursors or icons", maybe one of the icons is in an improper format?

EDIT: One of my older MaxGUI applications shows its icon in alt-tabbing (using gcc's tools for building a .o)

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#32]
I crave a Linux version.

I have the beta libs for Linux now, so I'll try it out this evening, and see how things go. :-)

plash(Posted 2008) [#33]
I have the beta libs for Linux now, so I'll try it out this evening, and see how things go. :-)
Cant wait ;P

DavidDC(Posted 2008) [#34]
Hi Brucey :-)

Am enjoying the updates, thankyou! I'm not entirely sure about your new favourite button description overlay though. I think drawing the text in its own box over the interface like that undermines the whole illusion of an audio machine. If this was a real device, the information would be presented in the ?LED? readout in the top panel. You could change the colour of the text and override the current display during the mouse hover.

Yes, it's a very minor point and I'm sure they'll be those that disagree but I thought I may as well mention it.

plash(Posted 2008) [#35]
If you decide to keep the tooltips for the favourite buttons you should definitely change the color scheme for them.

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#36]
Cant wait ;P

Well, I battled with this last night, and appear to have lost the first fight. pah!
Good - all the BASS examples run fine
Bad - except the one which streams from the net...

Funnily enough, the C++ example works, soooo... I'm guessing it's me at fault. But I've looked over the code and I can't see I am doing anything that the C++ example is not (or vice versa).
Apart from that, RadioBaH appears to work exactly the same on Linux as is does the other platforms... which is pretty funky.

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#37]
If this was a real device, the information would be presented in the ?LED?

.. fair enough :-)

plash(Posted 2008) [#38]
Apart from that, RadioBaH appears to work exactly the same on Linux as is does the other platforms... which is pretty funky.
Heheh, I saw that when I ran it in wine too.. perfect render!

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#39]
Another update. (see links at top)

This version :
* Changes the favourites display to use the "lcd" instead of tooltips...
* Adds basic favourite editing.
* Various tweaks here and there.

Thanks for the feedback.
Has been an interesting project so far, and has helped improve some of my modules in places, where I've found things lacking.

plash(Posted 2008) [#40]
I like the 'lcd' view of favourites, but now it actually takes *time* (speaking of the scrolling vertically, you usually realize what it is before it starts doing horizontal scrolling) to see which is which. (mabye I'm just going over-board here..)

The only way to clear a station search is by clicking another genre.

DavidDC(Posted 2008) [#41]
Looks great to me.

I can see where Plash is coming from re the favourite view speed. At first I thought it was too slow as well - but I guess it all depends on how much of a hurry you are in... You do get used to it and it certainly is in keeping with the rest of the display now.

Arowx(Posted 2008) [#42]
Wow this is cool!

Would it be easy to add this to a game, so players can select their own radio tunes?

The Setup button does not seem to do anything?

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#43]
The only way to clear a station search is by clicking another genre.

It bothers you, doesn't it? :-)
I actually like the fact that the old search hangs around... but I'm guessing that you don't like lists being filled unnecessarily - clutter, etc.

Yeah the favourites view does take a little time now - but the only other place I would consider adding it is as the very small text in the centre-panel, and then it might be a bit too small. I would rather it take time to scroll in that "flash" it up on the display - as David says, it is currently "in keeping with the rest".
How's about a 'setup' option to have a "Quick Favourites", for those with no patience, and no need for the fancy effects? It would pop-in, rather than scroll. Icky, but fast... :-)

Would it be easy to add this to a game

The underlying technology is very simple - fetch list, connect to station - so yeah, you could do.

The Setup button does not seem to do anything?

Not yet. There is a window for it, but I'm still considering options for it - it has about 4 for now, but I'm not happy with the layout (hate designing GUIs... haw!)
It'll be in the next release.

plash(Posted 2008) [#44]
I actually like the fact that the old search hangs around... but I'm guessing that you don't like lists being filled unnecessarily - clutter, etc.
I like my last search to be there when I open the channels window (clicked the wrong channel, etc).

I assume you still hold all the station information for a genre when you do a station search, yes?
It would be nice to just clear that one instead of clicking on the same genre again (which re-retrieves the list).

The favourites speed isn't really much of an issue (1.5 seconds!)

Did you try to fix the icon on windows yet? I can now view the icon resources in the exe with PE32, but still no icon when alt-tabbing.
The icon group structure seems to be correct..

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#45]
Did you try to fix the icon on windows yet?

I removed the 256x256 icon, which it didn't seem to like much, but other than that I've no idea what else needs to be done. Does it require a manifest also?? I don't really "do" Windows :-p

I assume you still hold all the station information for a genre when you do a station search, yes?
It would be nice to just clear that one instead of clicking on the same genre again (which re-retrieves the list).

When you click on a genre it fetches the data from the server. It does cache it, but seems I'm not using the cache (hah!). It only does this on a per-genre click, as there appears not to be any way to get all genre data for all stations. And if you could, it would be a *big* download. The Rock genre is about 400K.
The other thing here is that stations come and go, so each fetch of the genre stations will not always be the same. I can add a default of it using the cache if there is one, rather than re-fetching every time.
Perhaps also a little Search history, which could also be cached - like in a combo or something.

Otherwise, I'm not entirely clear as to what you mean by "It would be nice to just clear that one instead..." :-)
I guess I'm a bit slow today...

Still puzzled by the Linux BASS problem, but I'm leaving that until I hear from the developer. Maybe he has a bright idea as to why *my* code doesn't work, and his does!!

The custom page I think will be useful for non shoutcast listed streams - of which there are many. I really want to get at the icecast stuff, which is a whole other set of stations, but I can't find a "list" to download. Even an m3u would do, for starters.

I'm fairly happy with the favourites editor, which is unlikely to get much use probably ;-) , but was good practise working with wxListCtrl interaction. The best thing is using wxFormBuilder to create a UI, and not have to write any code, other than for the event callback :-)
It goes something like... Oh, I need a new button in the bottom left... Open wxFormBuilder project... click, click.. enter name of button event, click, save.. run wxCodeGen... close it again (it is set to auto-generate) .. implement callback method in the code, run, and use :-)

plash(Posted 2008) [#46]
Otherwise, I'm not entirely clear as to what you mean by "It would be nice to just clear that one instead..." :-)
I guess I'm a bit slow today...
Here's how it usually goes: You open a genre, then search for a specific station, then you don't see the one your looking for, so instead you want to just listen to whatever sounds interesting, so you need to clear the search to get the full list of stations in the genre again, which, currently, can only be done by clicking on the same genre your already in.

I removed the 256x256 icon, which it didn't seem to like much, but other than that I've no idea what else needs to be done. Does it require a manifest also?? I don't really "do" Windows :-p
I'm not certain.. I can try to add one to the exe, you probably just need to set it to the window though (which is what windows usually does??)

The best thing is using wxFormBuilder to create a UI, and not have to write any code, other than for the event callback :-)
It goes something like... Oh, I need a new button in the bottom left... Open wxFormBuilder project... click, click.. enter name of button event, click, save.. run wxCodeGen... close it again (it is set to auto-generate) .. implement callback method in the code, run, and use :-)
Heheh, yeah wxFormBuilder is a godsend!

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#47]
Setting the window icon - SetIcon(icon) - doesn't seem to help much. Perhaps because the window doesn't have titlebar? Dunno. I'm not overly worried about it, although it would look a bit nicer when alt-tabbing.

Here's how it usually goes:...

I see your problem. Perhaps clearing the selected genre will help a little, when Search is run. At least then you can click on it - without having to click on something else first.

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#48]
Yes, another update. (see links at top)

This version :
* Adds Search history. It now remembers what searches you have made, either via Genre or for a specific search. You can then navigate the history using the Arrow buttons. (or if you are feeling daring, right-click for a popup menu!)

That's all for this update, seeing as it took a while to add this functionality - But it's nice to be able to quickly look back at a previous search, especially as the results come from the local cache, rather than re-fetching.

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#49]
I really want to get at the icecast stuff...

I found a way to get an icecast list similar to that of shoutcast. So, it looks like I can get access to another 2000+ channels ... in theory.
No listener count though, unfortunately, and the list comes as a single retrieval, so I guess I'll need to merge it into results retrieved from shoutcast - should be... fun...

plash(Posted 2008) [#50]
Ahh, the search history works nicely! (solves the 'clear search' issue)

I found a way to get an icecast list similar to that of shoutcast. So, it looks like I can get access to another 2000+ channels ... in theory.
Great!

No listener count though, unfortunately, and the list comes as a single retrieval, so I guess I'll need to merge it into results retrieved from shoutcast - should be... fun...
Strange.. Is the listener count included with the meta-data for shoutcast?

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#51]
Is the listener count included with the meta-data for shoutcast?

Yep.

Retimer(Posted 2008) [#52]
Awesome app.

Mind me asking where/how you got the radio station stream listings into the program like that from shoutcast?

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#53]
Via the yellow pages service, as described here :

http://forums.winamp.com/printthread.php?threadid=295638

xiph, for icecast, has a similar - but different - page.

Retimer(Posted 2008) [#54]
Aha, thanks a lot.

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#55]
Right, unless there's any major problems, I've had enough of this for now :-P

I think it's gone quite well, for a little over a week's worth of effort, and I've definitely learned a lot in the time! :-)

This version :
* Adds IceCast streams. It tries to be a bit clever and background-loads the list at program startup - it shouldn't be too noticable, but it might stutter for a moment when the load finishes and it processes the data. IceCast is lacking listener count, apparently because it's easy to fake. And some channels don't provide bitrate etc. But... they are there now anyway - choice is good, they say.
* Adds Setup dialog. Not much there. On Mac, you will need to restart the app if you toggle Stay On Top, as it is a create-time setting on that platform (I would recreate the window myself, but I can't be arsed ;-)
* Enables custom channels. You can now add "extra" channels on the Custom page of the search dialog. Some websites, like 365.com, don't list elsewhere so you need to get the URL from them directly.

Some genre/searches can bring back a *LOT* of data, so you may want to be careful. Various, for example, brought back well over 5000 channels when I tried it. Even though I'm background-loading the data, it's still a lot to eventually process and populate the list with, so it will get a tad sluggish if you are stepping through search histories containing *large* lists.

Otherwise, it's not too bad, I think.

The experience has been... interesting. A bit of research, some application coding, module tweaks (where I may have missed something, or through use seen a better way to implement an API), and lots of listening to ChroniX Radio :-)

I'm very happy with the state of the modules (that I've used in this project). They are stable, and do what they say on the box, standing up well to a good thrashing.
wxWidgets is great! The fact that I can code some complicated logic with a multi-column list control, including a user-sort callback, and have it work in exactly the same way on all three platforms... is very cool, and reassuring. If you want to do some proper application development with BlitzMax, you don't really need to look anywhere else.

Anyhoo... :-)

Modules are there to be used, so, don't be afraid. Now, crack open an module and get coding !!

:o)

ziggy(Posted 2008) [#56]
I would happilly localize the app for Spanish and Catalanish if you tell me how.

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#57]
Another little update... (See links at top)

This one :
* Fixes graphics issue, where the volume and level indicators weren't drawing the way I had originally intended.
* Adds Language selection to the Settings window - No idea how I missed that one :-)
* Better handling of incoming track information. Will only update scroller etc, when the text changes - some stations send the same text every 10 seconds or so.

Nothing ground-breaking there then...

I would happilly localize the app for Spanish and Catalanish if you tell me how.

That'd be great if you could!
Time for a localisation guide then...

We are using the "gettext" localisation format. It is pretty much industry standard these days as a method of providing apps with locale data.

You will see a "locale" folder. Inside you will find one folder per language, using the ISO 2-letter code. Copy the "en" folder and name it appropriately - so, for Spanish that would of course be "es".
Inside this folder, you will see 2 files. A .po and a .mo. The .po is the source, the .mo is the compiled version. (Usually one would only ship the .mo files, but I think it is useful to have the source around for cases such as this!).

There are 2 ways in which you might edit the .po file. The first is by hand. Not really recommended, but might be the way you prefer. If you do, you will see a list of msgid and msgstr pairs. The msgid is the original English text. The msgstr is the translation.

The other method is to use a special editor such as Poedit, which is designed for the task. You will also need to compile the source file for the App to load it, so you will probably want to download this anyway.
You should be able to open the .po and start editing immediately. When you select a word from the list, it appears in a space below. Under that box is another, into which you type your translated text.
When finished, hit Save, and it should automatically compile the .po into a .mo.

After (re)starting RadioBah you should see the new language as an option for selecting on the settings window (you'll need at least v0.9).

One thing to note about the display button labels. They are small, so you can only fit about 5 characters on them. They should be uppercase. You may have to use an abreviation if it is too long to fit.

:o)

DavidDC(Posted 2008) [#58]
Re the level indicators Brucey - I can't see any difference in XP?

plash(Posted 2008) [#59]
Re the level indicators Brucey - I can't see any difference in XP?
I can!

They seem to be just a single block, before they had a slight bevel/emptiness in the center of the blocks?

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#60]
Re the level indicators Brucey - I can't see any difference in XP

That's funny... is working here. What version does About say you are using?

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#61]
before they had a slight bevel/emptiness in the center of the blocks

Which was never intended :-)
But I'd been too lazy until now to fix it!

DavidDC(Posted 2008) [#62]
0.8 Beta - I downloaded twice (from its web page) after your post re this - but maybe third time will be the charm... Nope third time aint the charm...

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#63]
Maybe the file is cached somewhere... should be 0.9 now.

DavidDC(Posted 2008) [#64]
Ah - right you were - cached in Firefox. I thought the connection was quick :-)

Big improvement Brucey - well done!

plash(Posted 2008) [#65]
Maybe you should be adding the version to the package name, Brucey? :)

ziggy(Posted 2008) [#66]
hey Brucey, I've sent you the spanish locale file for this program.
Also, notice that the compact disc logo you've put there is copyrighted!

Also, the Ok / Cancel buttons on the preferences dialog seems can't be localized, wich is kind of weird.

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#67]
I've sent you the spanish locale file for this program.

Thanks very much!
I'll be sure to include it in the next release :-)

the Ok / Cancel buttons on the preferences dialog seems can't be localized

You are absolutely right! Those buttons belong to a "standard dialog" control. I'll either need to include the wxWidgets locale file... or change to use my own buttons instead. I think I'll go with the latter. Ho Hum.

the compact disc logo

I'm sure the RDS one is also...
And I imagine Chrysler would have something to say about me borrowing their CD Player too...

plash(Posted 2008) [#68]
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001BP66HY?smid=A2EBKGKF3J2YXR&tag=nextag-ce-tier3-delta-20&linkCode=asn

Oh snap.

They.. hardly look alike :P

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#69]
They.. hardly look alike :P

Look harder ;-)

Brucey(Posted 2009) [#70]
While working on getting PRP running on Linux with the latest GTK module, I inadvertently appear to have been able to get RadioBaH working on Linux too :-)

Yes.. using BASS, no less! (and yes, it's a Linux native BASS library)

Who'd 'a thought it...

Only a few issues I've noticed so far :
1) The font rendering is not as crisp on Linux - which is surprising, since they are both working through Cairo/FreeType.
2) The setup window is not high enough - puzzling, because it should size itself to fit the contents... pah!
3) UI response is a bit slow when fetching stations... sometimes... not sure if this is because curl on Linux isn't working in the same way... or perhaps I don't sleep often enough for GTK.

Not that anyone else uses Linux... but there you go ;-)

jkrankie(Posted 2009) [#71]
BASS on Linux is good news, i'm using it in a big-ish project which i didn't think i'd be able to port over :)

Cheers
Charlie

Brucey(Posted 2009) [#72]
Yeah, it's kinda groovy :-)

No idea why it suddenly started working after all this time... possibly a combination of the move to Ubuntu 9.04, BlitzMax 1.32 and the latest wxMax...

Even the taskbar/systray is working ;-)

plash(Posted 2009) [#73]
Yay! BASS and Bah Radio on Linux!