bah.magick

BlitzMax Forums/Brucey's Modules/bah.magick

Retimer(Posted 2008) [#1]
Awesome addition Brucey!

I haven't tried it on anything large scale but for preprocessing sprites and such, or just simple image manipulation, definitely a top module wrap of yours. I'm amazed by the image conversions possible with this too. Where do you find all this?

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#2]
Where do you find all this?

Oh, a rummage here, a rummage there... but it does get harder to find them - non GPL'd, useful, open source libraries.

Although I have possibly as many unreleased modules as I have published... (yes, I know... it's crazy... someone lock me up and throw away the key, quick!)

The module still has a lot to implement, given that the API is quite large - but I think much more useful for manipulation that FreeImage.

Retimer(Posted 2008) [#3]
I noticed a few empty methods, which is why I figured you haven't released it more publicly, but the few image manipulation functions I tried all worked fine and dandy. This module will be a great reference later to anyone asking about image effects/manipulations on pixmaps, which there has been a fair amount of attempts - this could be the end-all source.

Really looking forward to seeing whatever other unreleased modules you have hidden up your sleeves in the future.

(yes, I know... it's crazy... someone lock me up and throw away the key, quick!)

Heh, most people who love coding like you do aren't as patient or capable of organizing themselves to accomplish what you have *looks at reflection in monitor*. More like throw you a medal...

If anything is done with a 'key' I wish it was mark giving you a key to official Bmax source/publishing access.

plash(Posted 2008) [#4]
If anything is done with a 'key' I wish it was mark giving you a key to official Bmax source/publishing access.
! Petition, anyone? :)

I haven't tried it yet, but the massive list of supported formats is astonishing!

slenkar(Posted 2008) [#5]
has it got an equivalent to the 'pixmap window' command

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#6]
Not that I can immediately see. There is a lower level "Pixel" cache thing which might do what you want, but I haven't spent much time with it yet so I can't say for sure.

This - http://www.graphicsmagick.org/Magick++/Image.html#Raw%20Image%20Pixel%20Access - is the bit from the docs about it. I would probably make it a little more abstract than having to deal too directly with pointers and such.
(Hmm, linky no work on the forum)

Azathoth(Posted 2009) [#7]
What do the .mgk files do? Can't find an indepth explanation on google other than they locate the coders or something.

Brucey(Posted 2009) [#8]
It seems they are just configuration files. They list coders and some fonts.

One issue I've had is trying to draw text onto an image... but it won't let me pass in a ttf... (keeps trying to use ghostscript to render it!!)... which is a bit of a pain.

Difference(Posted 2009) [#9]
Hi Brucey.

There seems to be some sort of issue with Loadtexture() + minib3d + assimp + bah.magick

If you can find the time, I'd appreciate if you could take a look at /Community/posts.php?topic=82586#933232 to maybe explain what you think is going on.

Thanks in advance