Strange problems with wxFileDialog

BlitzMax Forums/Brucey's Modules/Strange problems with wxFileDialog

Pete Rigz(Posted 2008) [#1]
I got a feeling this is some strange issue with my PC (Windows Vista) but for some reason file dialogs are not appearing. The main code I'm working on doesn't work at all, but just making a small example it seems to work in release mode but not debug. I can put a debugstop just before the Showmodal() command but I can only follow the code through to "Return bmx_wxfiledialog_showmodal(wxObjectPtr)" in wxfiledialog.bmx where it just stops -can't step any further.

Here's some test code where I just added an opendialog event to the fileconfig sample.

for me this code works ok in release mode but not in debug, the dialog just doesn't appear for some reason. Other dialogs work fine, eg im using colourpicker dialog and a few custom dialogs ok, seems to be just this one.

Any ideas? Cheers!

TaskMaster(Posted 2008) [#2]
Are you trying to use it in Threaded build mode? The wx gadgets all have some osrt of issue when built in threaded mode.

Pete Rigz(Posted 2008) [#3]
No it's just normal non threaded build. Just rebuilt all modules but still getting the same. Will just have to use blitz's built in requestfile for now.