failed to compile wx.mod

BlitzMax Forums/Brucey's Modules/failed to compile wx.mod

Retimer(Posted 2008) [#1]
So, svn loves me and always gives me a "tried to create folder but blah blah it already exists", so I just deleted wx.mod and svn'd it all over again to get the latest.

Now, on a completely fresh svn checkout, I keep getting this when I try to compile:

edit: wow, forum cut half my post off.

Every time I svn wx.mod from scratch I run into this issue. What's the problem here?

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#2]
You need the headers and libs too?

http://code.google.com/p/wxmax/downloads/list

xlsior(Posted 2008) [#3]
Brucey: Maybe it would be a good idea to add those to the SVN, or even just have a seperate SVN checkout for them if you don't want to include it to the standard WX one.

There's been similar issues in the past when you switched to a newer version of the headers and things broke, because there is no obvious way to see that anything changed in that area if you 'just' do the SVN sync without actually seeing the website.

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#4]
Maybe it would be a good idea to add those to the SVN

I don't really want to... but maybe it's easier for everyone in the long run... there's just so much more of it then.

or even just have a seperate SVN checkout for them

The problem there is that you have essentially the same thing... just that instead of being in a zip, they are in a different folder... I would really need to be part of the main archive, I imagine.

Retimer(Posted 2008) [#5]
You need the headers and libs too?

Ahh...blah i'm sorry, I thought the libraries were installed in blitzmax/lib so I wouldn't have to do that part again...it has been a while since I setup wxmax.

And I agree with xlsior, a one-step solution would make things a lot simpler if they had just been on svn. I realise it's not 'that' complicated, but this mod is too great to for any short difficulties that might prevent a couple people from using it.

there's just so much more of it then

True, but then what's the point in even using the svn? By that I mean if we are going to download seperate zips, then it defeats the purpose of the svn, because you could always just throw each update in an archived package as well on that argument.

By having it on the svn, it'll save you from a lot of 'these' posts of ignorance, and less confusion for everyone.

It's not a life or death deal, but please consider it.

plash(Posted 2008) [#6]
By that I mean if we are going to download seperate zips, then it defeats the purpose of the svn, because you could always just throw each update in an archived package as well on that argument.
There is limited space on Google code for downloads (I believe it is like 100mb?)

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#7]
I believe it is like 100mb

I kept pestering them... I got it up'd to 1 gb :-)

plash(Posted 2008) [#8]
I kept pestering them... I got it up'd to 1 gb :-)
Brucey done it again! :P

Retimer(Posted 2008) [#9]
lol nice.

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#10]
please consider it.

Okay... I've "bit the bullet", as they say...

I've added the headers, and mac x86 and win32 libs.
I can't add Linux libs for now, as there are currently two build environments (gcc 3.3 and gcc 4.x), so until the next release of BlitzMax (which should be gcc 4.x friendly) they'll be installing the libs separately.

plash(Posted 2008) [#11]
I can't add Linux libs for now, as there are currently two build environments (gcc 3.3 and gcc 4.x), so until the next release of BlitzMax (which should be gcc 4.x friendly) they'll be installing the libs separately.
AFAIK we Linux users are used to handling this stuff hehe.

so until the next release of BlitzMax (which should be gcc 4.x friendly)
Oh will it? Great!

Retimer(Posted 2008) [#12]
Awesome, thank you Brucey!