bah.dbsqlite won't compile

BlitzMax Forums/Brucey's Modules/bah.dbsqlite won't compile

Htbaa(Posted 2008) [#1]
Hi Brucey,

dbsqlite.mod won't compile for me on Vista. I took the latest revision from subversion (from the trunk) and it gives me these errors.

ERRORbah.dbsqlite was not build
C:/Program Files/BlitzMax/mod/bah.mod/dbsqlite.mod/src/sqlite3.c: In function `winDelete':
C:/Program Files/BlitzMax/mod/bah.mod/dbsqlite.mod/src/sqlite3.c:26015: parse error before '-' token
C:/Program Files/BlitzMax/mod/bah.mod/dbsqlite.mod/src/sqlite3.c:26018: parse error before ';' token
C:/Program Files/BlitzMax/mod/bah.mod/dbsqlite.mod/src/sqlite3.c:26022: parse error before '-' token
C:/Program Files/BlitzMax/mod/bah.mod/dbsqlite.mod/src/sqlite3.c:26025: parse error before ';' token
C:/Program Files/BlitzMax/mod/bah.mod/dbsqlite.mod/src/sqlite3.c:26029: parse error before '-' token
C:/Program Files/BlitzMax/mod/bah.mod/dbsqlite.mod/src/sqlite3.c:26030: parse error before ';' token
C:/Program Files/BlitzMax/mod/bah.mod/dbsqlite.mod/src/sqlite3.c:26043: redeclaration of `rc'
C:/Program Files/BlitzMax/mod/bah.mod/dbsqlite.mod/src/sqlite3.c:26005: `rc' previously declared here
C:/Program Files/BlitzMax/mod/bah.mod/dbsqlite.mod/src/sqlite3.c:26044: redeclaration of `zConverted'
C:/Program Files/BlitzMax/mod/bah.mod/dbsqlite.mod/src/sqlite3.c:26007: `zConverted' previously declared here
C:/Program Files/BlitzMax/mod/bah.mod/dbsqlite.mod/src/sqlite3.c:26049: `attr' undeclared (first use in this function)
C:/Program Files/BlitzMax/mod/bah.mod/dbsqlite.mod/src/sqlite3.c:26049: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
C:/Program Files/BlitzMax/mod/bah.mod/dbsqlite.mod/src/sqlite3.c:26049: for each function it appears in.)
C:/Program Files/BlitzMax/mod/bah.mod/dbsqlite.mod/src/sqlite3.c:26054: `flags' undeclared (first use in this function)
C:/Program Files/BlitzMax/mod/bah.mod/dbsqlite.mod/src/sqlite3.c:26057: parse error before '-' token
C:/Program Files/BlitzMax/mod/bah.mod/dbsqlite.mod/src/sqlite3.c:26065: `pResOut' undeclared (first use in this function)
C:/Program Files/BlitzMax/mod/bah.mod/dbsqlite.mod/src/sqlite3.c: In function `sqlite3_os_init':
C:/Program Files/BlitzMax/mod/bah.mod/dbsqlite.mod/src/sqlite3.c:26306: `winAccess' undeclared (first use in this function)
C:/Program Files/BlitzMax/mod/bah.mod/dbsqlite.mod/src/sqlite3.c:26306: initializer element is not constant
C:/Program Files/BlitzMax/mod/bah.mod/dbsqlite.mod/src/sqlite3.c:26306: (near initialization for `winVfs.xAccess')
Build Error: failed to compile C:/Program Files/BlitzMax/mod/bah.mod/dbsqlite.mod/src/sqlite3.c

I'm having issues with committing and rolling back transactions so I wanted to try out the most recent version. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Edit: Revision 287 does compile. Revisions 403 and 404 don't.

Edit 2: Revision 287 fixes my problem with transactions.

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#2]
I've updated to the latest sqlite (2.6.4). However, my copy of the source here looked fine - interestingly, there are no '-' characters in the section of code your error complains about, so I'm not entirely sure where it is finding that...

Let me know if it still has issues, and I'll have a deeper rummage.

Htbaa(Posted 2008) [#3]
It still fails. I'm running Vista Home Premium and have MingW32 properly installed. I'm using BLide to compile my modules. MaxIDE doesn't allow me to compile modules.

Htbaa(Posted 2008) [#4]
On my Windows XP machine it does compile... Maybe it's some Vista issue?

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#5]
It's building fine on my XP partition here.
Do you get the same error with the latest version? (I guess the line numbers are slightly different).

Would you mind pasting the 260xx lines here? (just in case there's something different about your code on that machine). If there isn't, then perhaps one of the macros on Vista is wrong....

Htbaa(Posted 2008) [#6]
I'm not near Vista now so I can't try it. But it's just a export from the latest revision of subversion.

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#7]
MaxIDE doesn't allow me to compile modules.

You don't have MINGW environment variable set, huh? ;-)

Htbaa(Posted 2008) [#8]
Have to check that, but I remember setting it so...

Htbaa(Posted 2008) [#9]
I had the wrong version of MinGW installed. It works fine now :-)

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#10]
Ah... :-)

Glad you got it sorted out in the end!