TMGEBassAudio: High level re-wrap for noobs. :)

BlitzMax Forums/Brucey's Modules/TMGEBassAudio: High level re-wrap for noobs. :)

MGE(Posted 2008) [#1]
For anyone interested, using Brucey's excellent wrapper, I wrote a higher level audio interface for noobs like me who need a basic (non streaming) audio driver for playing samples and mod files.

The wrapper includes:

Playing samples (wavs, oggs, etc..)
Playing music (mod,tracker, etc..)
Playing samples with auto panning based on screen x position.
Auto fade in/out of samples or music.
Load samples, music into easy to access index's.
Setting of volume, pan, for sample playback.
Setting of volume for music playback.

Start, Pause of the bass system via additional addition to Brucey's mod. This allows you to easily pause the entire sound process when the game is minimized or pauses. And then by calling Resume() you can restart all of the audio.

Download:
http://jgoware.com/mge/bruceybassmod.zip

The archive includes the source to Brucey's mod with the addition of TBass.Start(). Interestingly, TBass.Start() does not work on streams, but it works fine in this wrapper.

It's not really documented, it should be fairly straight forward. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask here. It's the same system I'm using for my games, so it's going through alot of testing. :)

Brucey, I hope you don't mind the re-wrap. Feel free to include my little one line enhancement (TBass.Start) in your official mod. :)

DavidSimon(Posted 2008) [#2]
As a fellow lazy bastard, I salute you for saving me the effort of doing something similar. :)

Cheers.

MGE(Posted 2008) [#3]
lol....Thanks? :) lol..

Uncle(Posted 2008) [#4]
I was just looking for something like this yesterday :) Cheers for this.

MGE(Posted 2008) [#5]
Just wanted to say, I'm using this in my game which has had alot of installations and no audio problems reported so far. Works fine on Vista. :)