BASS

BlitzMax Forums/Brucey's Modules/BASS

Stu_ovine(Posted 2008) [#1]
I feel like im turning into a right pain here..... sorry

Can I put my hand up for you to get more of BASS functions into your wrapper please :)

Your wrapper doesnt wrap the BASS_sample** side of things yet.

Streams work fine but I need to simultaneous playback the same sample.

In an existing wrapper its done by BASS_sampleload and then

sample= BASS_SampleGetChannel(sample,BASS_NULL)
BASS_ChannelPlay(Channels[t].sample, BASS_FALSE) 

I could live with a quick fix if you could just expose the BASS_sample* stuff in common.bmx ?

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#2]
Check the latest from SVN, and let me know what else you need.

Stu_ovine(Posted 2008) [#3]
Excellent stuff ! You only have StreamCreateURL left todo and you have a full wrapper :)

Thanks for a crackin wrapper........

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#4]
Still a few holes, I admit :-p

and to get the "audio driver" working properly too.

MGE(Posted 2008) [#5]
"Check the latest from SVN, and let me know what else you need. "

Hi - I'm a noob to "SVN" but I'd like to take a stab at using your Bass module. What do I need to do in order to get access via "SVN"?

I realize that's subversion, but I've never used that before.

Thanks.

plash(Posted 2008) [#6]
http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=76731

I wouldn't use tortoise though, its bloated (imo).

I think the one I got was: http://subversion.tigris.org/files/documents/15/43506/Setup-Subversion-1.5.2.en-us.msi
(Windows)

Then just make a .bat file in your /mod/bah.mod folder with the following:
svn checkout http://maxmods.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/bass.mod bass.mod

EDIT:Hmmm.. the url to the module got buggered when I posted it.
It should read like this:
svn checkout maxmods.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/bass.mod bass.mod

Just add http:// to the beginning of the url.

MGE(Posted 2008) [#7]
Hi Plash, thanks for the help! What do I name the ".bat" file that goes in the bah.mod folder?

plash(Posted 2008) [#8]
Doesn't really matter, I used "bass.mod_checkout.bat"

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#9]
You only need to checkout once... so whether you really need the .bat file or not...

Once you have it checked out, you can update the source, by running :

svn update

from the checked-out directory (that would be the bass.mod folder).
Alternatively, you could have a batch file with that command in it, and run that.

TortoiseSVN isn't so bad, and works reasonably well for the "mouse" generation of users ;-)
With Tortoise, you could update by right-clicking on the folder, and choosing Update.
They all use the same underlying commands though.

MGE(Posted 2008) [#10]
ok..so far so good. ;) Thanks.

I've downloaded and installed the subversion program you linked to.

But what do I "exactly" need to do in order to access Brucey's mods via Subversion? When I place the subversion link in the browser, it just goes to the standard google page and mentions subversion clients, etc, etc.

I guess a noob walkthrough would help if you have time. ;)

Thanks again.

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#11]
svn is a command-line tool (on windows, that would be svn.exe). Once you've installed the svn package, you can run that from anywhere on your system.

The first thing you do is "checkout" a copy of a project. You give it the URL of the project, plus a folder in which to put it. So, running...

svn checkout http://maxmods.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/bass.mod bass.mod

from the command-line, would checkout the files of bass.mod, into a new folder called bass.mod. The folder would be created in the current folder where you ran the command.

You *could* get all the modules out at once, but I don't really recommend it unless you are *very* patient, as there's a lot of code in there. So best to stick to getting the ones you want ;-)

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#12]
It's a bit like FTP'ing files to your local machine, only here we have a synchronized copy of the remote directory, which we can keep in sync by updating it occasionally.
The underlying subversion, knows which files have changed when you request an update, and modifies your local copies to keep them in sync.

Once you have a project on your drive, it's all quite easy to keep everything up-to-date.

MGE(Posted 2008) [#13]
THANKS BRUCEY! It all clicks and makes sense now. And more importantly the process worked perfect the 1st time. :)

MGE(Posted 2008) [#14]
Ok...

TBass.Pause()

Where's...

TBass.Start()

Bass has this built in, but I don't see it wrapped in Brucey's mod?

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#15]
A TBassChannel has a Play() method. Other types, like TBassMusic, extend TBassChannel, and therefore inherit TBassChannel's functionality. OOP ;-)

I also need to implement (write) an "audio driver" module for BASS, which will plug into the BRL Audio system, and let you use it via standard audio functions. It's on my list of things to do :-)

MGE(Posted 2008) [#16]
Unless I'm missing something....sorry if I am.. ;) Bass has this built in to pause/start the system. So you don't have to go back and do anything to your code (re-start channels, etc..) when the game starts up again, all you do is call Bass_Start.

Any chance of adding this into your mod?

note: I looked at the source, you added Pause but not Start?

Thanks.

MGE(Posted 2008) [#17]
I added this to the common.bmx file and rebuilt the mod and it works fine. :)

Function BASS_Start:Int()  

MGE(Posted 2008) [#18]
Pause,Start work fine on samples, but it's not working in your example01 program though. Maybe it has somethign to do with the streams?

MGE(Posted 2008) [#19]
Pause, Start working fine on sample and music (mod files). Looks like it's failing on streams. That's ok, for most games we won't be streaming anyway. I've also wrapped your wrap for easy access for typical game sound features. I will post it here in a bit. ;)

MGE(Posted 2008) [#20]
oops....