wxmax svn broken?

BlitzMax Forums/Brucey's Modules/wxmax svn broken?

xlsior(Posted 2008) [#1]
When I ran an SVN update yesterday, it looks like it broke the WXmax mods in the process --

It finished checking out version 503, but the compile fails with a lot of errors -- it appears that some parts are missing?

Yahfree(Posted 2008) [#2]
just ran one here... seems fine

xlsior(Posted 2008) [#3]
After deleting and re-syncing a bunch of the folders it's mostly OK now, with the exception of one:

wx.mod/wxgcdc.mod is failing to compile with the following errors:

Any ideas?

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#4]
Allo... I was thinking as I went to bed last night, I aught to make a proper post about the win32 requirement of new static libraries.

I've finally got the Graphics Context working under win32, which meant a re-build of the static libs... Hopefully that's it as far as tweaking the libs go.

You can direct-download it here : wxwidgets_2.8.8_static_win32b.zip (5.4 meg)

Apologies for the inconvenience ;-)

xlsior(Posted 2008) [#5]
Ah, ok.

Just out of curiosity -- is there any reason why these static libs themselves aren't part of the SVN trunc, but a seperate download?

After copying them over it looks like everything compiled without errors now.

Thanks a lot!

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#6]
is there any reason why these static libs themselves aren't part of the SVN trunc

Just the size really, I'd have to include at least 4 sets of libraries plus the headers, where the libs are around 20megs per set unzipped... which I don't think Windows user A would appreciate having to download 60+ meg of libs he doesn't need, for example ;-)

xlsior(Posted 2008) [#7]
Fair enough... But maybe a seperate SVN trunk might be useful for those for which 60MB isn't a big deal? It sure would havee saved me a few headaches this time. :-)