wxMax v1.00 - Testing Required (win32)

BlitzMax Forums/Brucey's Modules/wxMax v1.00 - Testing Required (win32)

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#1]
Almost there... ;-)

I would really appreciate it if some of you nice Windows folks might give this a little test please? It's intended to be a full binary/source release that you can simply extract into the BlitzMax/mod folder and start working with it.

Here's the link : http://brucey.net/programming/blitz/misc/wxmax/wxmax_1_00_win32_bin.rar
Size : 14 meg
Format : rar, because it's about 5 meg smaller than a zip, and googlecode limits uploads to 20meg.

When extracted, you should have a wx.mod folder, which you put into BlitzMax/mod. In there, are lots and lots of other folders.
In BlitzMax, if you head for the samples folder inside there, you should (hopefully) be able to run any of them, and it will work without you requiring to build any modules.

The link will be available for the duration of this testing period, then I'll drop it and get everything up on the wxmax site.

For this test, I'd appreciate all feedback, positive and negative, any issues you had, etc.

:o)

DavidDC(Posted 2008) [#2]
Work fine here :-)

I'd just like to say a very big "Well Done" to you Brucey. I've been using this mod for so long now that I tend to forget what an huge project is has been for you and what an amazing achievement it really is.

So endless thank you's from me...

Retimer(Posted 2008) [#3]
Fine here too. I'm using a pretty big list of controls with wxmax and from the surface I see no issues at all, absolutely rare and beautiful.

Couldn't say that about maxgui, which offers much less. So again, a big thank you for getting wxwidgets working for us from me as well.

duquette(Posted 2008) [#4]
Keep getting cannot find -lwinspool
Using BlitzMax 1.30 with Vista 64 bit.

Ok fixed it.
Had to install MiniGW

https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=2435&package_id=240780

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#5]
That's something that appears to affect a small number of users for some reason.

I believe the fix is to copy libwinspool.a from the MinGW/lib folder into the BlitzMax/lib folder.

Perhaps I should ship it with that file included. (in the wx.mod/lib/win32 folder) for those that need it?

There's also a chance you need to copy libodbc32.a and librpcrt4.a.

I think I will add those then.

rs22(Posted 2008) [#6]
Awesome! Thanks for all the hard work you've put into this.

Is it feature complete now, or is there still a ways to go in wrapping all of the components? I ask because things like wxSymbolPickerDialog seem to be unfinished, and I cannot see any hint of wxClipboard.

Difference(Posted 2008) [#7]
Seems to work very well!

A few minor things I found:

colpane.bmx fails to compile with: "can't find interfacefor module wxadv.bmx"
propgrid.bmx does not exit when File->Exit is clicked.

GREAT MODULE(S) !!!

plash(Posted 2008) [#8]
A few minor things I found:

colpane.bmx fails to compile with: "can't find interfacefor module wxadv.bmx"
propgrid.bmx does not exit when File->Exit is clicked.
Those are just the samples, nothing big there ;)

I'll be testing it later today. If future releases get too big for googlecode you should try www.filefront.com

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#9]
Had to install MiniGW

Sorry about that... I think I'll start shipping the win32 libs with those that appear to be required on some Windows installations (but not all, strangely).

Is it feature complete now?

Not yet... but I thought I should get something released which has the majority of functionality, rather than say, wait another 6 months to get the rest in. I'm hoping that what is currently there is what most people will find useful - and of course some will always want something that hasn't been done yet ;-)

A few minor things I found

Thanks. Some of the samples are in need of some TLC... but most of them should be okay, and give a good idea of what a particular widget is capable of.

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#10]
Okay.. I've updated the release.

It includes basic wxClipboard support, those three MinGW libraries that some versions of Windows seem to require, and a fix to the collpane sample.

:o)

Filax(Posted 2008) [#11]
Excellent Brucey ! Thanks !

mongia2(Posted 2008) [#12]
thanks

work fine!
mongia