Fun with Leopard (OS X)

BlitzMax Forums/Brucey's Modules/Fun with Leopard (OS X)

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#1]
Some of you might be interested in this little Leopard only (Intel) app I threw together over the past hour...

Just kick it off, choose a directory with png or jpg files in it. Once you see the little black window, hit SPACE :-)

Download (120k).

<EDIT> : Yes, it's all BlitzMax... in case you were wondering.

Comments etc welcome ;-)

DavidDC(Posted 2008) [#2]
Cute! So how's that done then?

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#3]
Via some undocumented APIs.

It's the same functionality as you get when you press SPACE in Finder. Except we have more control from here :-)

xlsior(Posted 2008) [#4]
Not having a Mac to try this on, I am curious: What exactly is this sample program supposed to show?

DavidDC(Posted 2008) [#5]
It's the Leopard Quicklook function. Allows you to preview the file contents without opening the actual app associated with the file extension. Very handy 'cause it's so fast and just a tap of the spacebar away.

Brucey seems to have managed to gain control of it in Blitzmax - though he's not showing us how!

Winni(Posted 2008) [#6]
That's great stuff, Brucey! :-) My only concern is that you say you're using undocumented APIs.

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#7]
Unfortunately, Quicklook is undocumented at the moment (private framework).
But some other cool stuff has been similarly private in the past and later on made "public".

Still, it's fun nonetheless :-)

There is a lot of cool stuff in the Mac API that's crying out to be played with in BlitzMax...

Winni(Posted 2008) [#8]
You mean like Core Image and CoverFlow? ;-)