wxAUI + paint_on_resize?

BlitzMax Forums/Brucey's Modules/wxAUI + paint_on_resize?

Retimer(Posted 2008) [#1]
When you drag a splitter in a splitter window, it repaints everything 'as' you are dragging it (via wxSP_LIVE_UPDATE flag).

How can I do this with a wxAUI control?

Retimer(Posted 2008) [#2]
PyAUI (Python version of wx) seems to have this done:

Mousemotion call:

if self._flags & AUI_MGR_LIVE_RESIZE:
                if not self._action_hintrect.IsEmpty() and self._action_hintrect != rect:
                    self.ResizeDock(wx.Point(event.GetX(), event.GetY())); 

# The part pointer does not seem to survive the relayout 
                # so we have to reacquire it here for it to be valid 
                # at the next motion event 
                self._action_part = self.HitTest(event.GetX(), event.GetY())
                self._action_hintrect = rect
end

Seems simple enough to impliment, except none of the c++ wx source is included with wxmax. There is only headers and assembly files =/

Retimer(Posted 2008) [#3]
Nothing?

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#4]
Nothing yet. I had a look at http://www.kirix.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=62
But as you point out, it requires code changes to the wxWidgets source itself.

I don't really want to go down the road of having a custom version of wxWidgets that the main libs are built against - you can surely imagine that nightmare?

Retimer(Posted 2008) [#5]
Yeah, boo =(

Hmm, can you tell me how you compiled wxwidgets though? I don't know how you got it into .a libraries....I only know how to compile the source into a .dll through vstudio

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#6]
Have a look in wx.mod/wxWidgets_BuildNotes.txt

I may not be exactly that, but give it a go and see how you get on.
It builds using MinGW's gcc - like what Max uses, so everything sits nicely together.

Retimer(Posted 2008) [#7]
Tyvm, i'll give it a go. You are god to some of us.

I have to say the development in my latest project wasn't going well until I began using wxMax, and now i'm far ahead of the game where several years of work is finally coming together due to it, in very professional form and in quick time. Things for me are organizing themselves just because of some of your mods (database, wxmax, &others).

Many true thanks. Blitzmax is retro to my needs without your mods.