MiniB3D + GUI

BlitzMax Forums/Brucey's Modules/MiniB3D + GUI

Yahfree(Posted 2008) [#1]
Hey, i'm doing a basic problem generator for finding volume of prisms ect..

I want to use minib3d for the graphics and I have a few questions:

1. Will minib3d work in combinations with wxMax?
2. How can I draw the canvas correctly? It seems to clear all the gadgets I lay down..

here's my code so far... (notice how it gets rid of the New problem button)

Yahfree(Posted 2008) [#2]
I found the answer to the gadget problem - draw on the panel not the window... But the first question remains, how do you draw with minib3d?

Chapman7(Posted 2008) [#3]
Yes, I really would like at least someone to render a cube or something. This would help me out so much! I have worked on this for probably a day straight, and I have not gotten anything.

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#4]
It's strange.... the glcube sample runs fine, and the code is very similar.
The code I posted HERE runs fine on the Mac, but on my XP at work it draws a mess...

If the canvas is a normal GL context, then it shouldn't really matter what UI environment it is being used in - as the glcube sample shows.
There must be some other things that MiniB3D is doing/expects that is missing here for some reason...

Yahfree(Posted 2008) [#5]
Yeah, I tried the example and it rendered nothing... odd. I'm using raw opengl for drawing for now.

Yahfree(Posted 2008) [#6]
Here's a question: How would I draw simple text on a GL canvas?

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#7]
Have a look at the glmax2d sample for using the standard drawing commands on a canvas.

Yahfree(Posted 2008) [#8]
It doesnt seem to work - cls kills my raw opengl stuff

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#9]
ah, indeed... you probably need to have a look at the minib3d code which toggles Max2D stuff on and off. It'll likely have the OGL commands to do it properly.

Yahfree(Posted 2008) [#10]
I got something to work well sort of.. it crashes like 15s into running...

Also, the text is gray?

here's an example:

AndyGFX(Posted 2008) [#11]
I tried this sample and after compiling prg show that FBO isn't suported, but it's strange because i have NV 8800 GTX. What is problem?