Building libxml

BlitzMax Forums/Brucey's Modules/Building libxml

matty47(Posted 2008) [#1]
I can't makemod libxml. I downloaded the lib from Googlecode and unzipped into the mod\BaH\ directory. When I run bmk makemod -a Bah.libxml from the command line I get no output and the prompt returns (without apparently doing anything). If I load the libxml.bmx file into Maxide and try to build it the *.c files are compiled but I get an error "Module does not match command line module" in Line 26 of libxml.bmx. Line 26 is "Module BaH.libxml" so I am lost! On windowsXP mingw correctly installed. Blitzmax 1.28. Help please
Thanks
Matt

DavidDC(Posted 2008) [#2]
Did you try changing your BaH directory to "bah.mod" (lowercase)?

matty47(Posted 2008) [#3]
Yes I tried changing the directory and file name uppercase and lowercase to match. Usually this does not matter on windows as the naming of directories and files is not case sensitive.

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#4]
Okay, the path to the libxml files should look like this :

BlitzMax/mod/bah.mod/libxml.mod

Usually when bmk doesn't do anything is when it can't find the thing you are trying to build. Otherwise, if it has actual problems compiling, it will show some kind of error.

matty47(Posted 2008) [#5]
Yes I know this and have tried on Ubuntu linux. Compiled with no problems ! I will try unzipping the file again to see if that makes any difference.
THanks
Matt

matty47(Posted 2008) [#6]
Well I tried again, removing the existing folder and unzipping the download again,but still keep getting the same error. Has anyone else had trouble compiling the module under windows?. The only other thing I think could be the problem was if there was some dependency that was not being satisfied although no error message was displayed. Can any one help?
Thanks
Matt

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#7]
I just downloaded 1.13 from googlecode, dropped the libxml.mod folder into my bah.mod folder and hit ctrl-d (Build Modules) in the IDE, and it built fine.

The only dependencies are Pub.zlib and BRL.LinkedList.

Not that this helps you get yours working...

matty47(Posted 2008) [#8]
OOPS- the bah folder was just named "bah" not "bah.mod". Silly little mistake that I overlooked so easily. Renamed the folder to "bah.mod" and all worked fine
(blush)
Matthew