wxScintilla - max highlighing

BlitzMax Forums/Brucey's Modules/wxScintilla - max highlighing

plash(Posted 2008) [#1]
Can anyone post an example using wxScintilla for blitzmax highlighting? (maybe the almighty brucey ;)

I looked at the sample for wxScintilla, as far as I can tell it contains no keyword highlighting functionality. (I can barely tell whats going on in the c++ code near the bottom of it aswell)

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#2]
I've only got as far as creating the skeleton lexer (copied from another one), which should give some basic highlighting.
But... I haven't actually tried it yet :-p

However, I am using highlighting with my SQL app, and it's working great.

Here are some code snippets I'm using to get it working, based on wxCodeGen generating the basic stuff :

The codegen block:

Keywords (a loooong string) :
Const SQL_KEYWORDS:String = "absolute action add admin after aggregate " + ..
	"alias all allocate alter and any are array as asc " + ..
.. etc

Some implementation :

These two lines :
txtEditor.SetLexer(wxSCI_LEX_SQL)
txtEditor.SetKeywords(0, SQL_KEYWORDS)

are important. They tell wxScintilla what lexer to use, and give it the keywords to colour.

That's about as far as I've gone with it to date. It's a big, complicated beast, extremely powerful, but with lots to get your head around.

The developers say you should look at the SciTE source, which they say is a reference implementation of Scintilla. Which is all very well if you can work out what's going on!

Perhaps we can all work it out together ;-)

plash(Posted 2008) [#3]
Here's what I've come up with:

Pardon the text colors, thats how I have them in BLIde.
Theres only a few things wrong with this, its using a blitzbasic lexer (comments are ; instead of ' etc) instead of a blitzmax lexer (I couldn't find it in wxscintilla source, though I did notice LexMax.cxx), and I was unable to find the style const for the caret position so its invisible (black) with the background.

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#4]
its using a blitzbasic lexer

It's not really. I *borrowed* the Id for SCLEX_BLITZBASIC to use with my hacked lexer, which is still essentially the original basic lexer.

I've committed the comment character fix.

For the caret, how's about :
SetCaretForeground(New wxColour.CreateNamedColour("WHITE"))

LexMax.cxx is the file that will need changing for lexing properly. I imagine it will need quite a bit of work to get it just right.