Getting wxMax

BlitzMax Forums/Brucey's Modules/Getting wxMax

CASO(Posted 2008) [#1]
When will an official release of wxMax be released (just estimated)?

Thank You in Advance

CASO(Posted 2008) [#2]
I am getting some strange errors...

And an error that says "Compile Error wx/wx.h: No such file or directory"
Any Ideas?

Gabriel(Posted 2008) [#3]
You've installed it in the wrong folder, it looks like. It's supposed to be in BlitzMax/Mod/wx.mod but you appear to have it in BlitzMax/Mod/wx.mod/wx.mod

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#4]
You are missing the headers.

You need wxwidgets_2.8.7_headers.zip, which should be unzipped into mod/wx.mod/include

Don't forget to get the static libraries too :-)

CASO(Posted 2008) [#5]
I didn't copy the headers and libs (inside their "win32" and "wx" folders) into their designated folders.

But it's all good now...Thanks Brucey and Gabriel!

Building Modules...

Retimer(Posted 2008) [#6]
I just grabbed wxMax again, and can't get it working for the life of me.

C:/Program Files/BlitzMax/mod/wx.mod/wx.mod/wxglue.h:51,
from C:/Program Files/BlitzMax/mod/wx.mod/wx.mod/wxglue.cpp:23:
C:/Program Files/BlitzMax/mod/wx.mod/wx.mod/../../brl.mod/event.mod/event.h:62:7: warning: no newline at end of file
C:/Program Files/BlitzMax/mod/wx.mod/wx.mod/wxglue.cpp: In function `BBString* bbStringFromWxString(const wxString&)':
C:/Program Files/BlitzMax/mod/wx.mod/wx.mod/wxglue.cpp:55: error: invalid conversion from `const wchar_t*' to `const BBChar*'
C:/Program Files/BlitzMax/mod/wx.mod/wx.mod/wxglue.cpp: In function `BBString* bmx_wxkeyevent_getunicodekey(wxKeyEvent&)':
C:/Program Files/BlitzMax/mod/wx.mod/wx.mod/wxglue.cpp:1346: error: 'class wxKeyEvent' has no member named 'GetUnicodeKey'
C:/Program Files/BlitzMax/mod/wx.mod/wx.mod/wxglue.cpp: In function `long int bmx_wxgetelapsedtime(bool)':
C:/Program Files/BlitzMax/mod/wx.mod/wx.mod/wxglue.cpp:1765: warning: `wxGetElapsedTime' is deprecated (declared at C:/Program Files/BlitzMax/mod/wx.mod/include/wx/stopwatch.h:77)
C:/Program Files/BlitzMax/mod/wx.mod/wx.mod/wxglue.cpp:1765: warning: `wxGetElapsedTime' is deprecated (declared at C:/Program Files/BlitzMax/mod/wx.mod/include/wx/stopwatch.h:77)
C:/Program Files/BlitzMax/mod/wx.mod/wx.mod/wxglue.cpp: In function `void bmx_wxstarttimer()':
C:/Program Files/BlitzMax/mod/wx.mod/wx.mod/wxglue.cpp:1798: warning: `wxStartTimer' is deprecated (declared at C:/Program Files/BlitzMax/mod/wx.mod/include/wx/stopwatch.h:73)
C:/Program Files/BlitzMax/mod/wx.mod/wx.mod/wxglue.cpp:1798: warning: `wxStartTimer' is deprecated (declared at C:/Program Files/BlitzMax/mod/wx.mod/include/wx/stopwatch.h:73)
Build Error: failed to compile C:/Program Files/BlitzMax/mod/wx.mod/wx.mod/wxglue.cpp
Process complete

I have placed headers and libs as instructed, svn'd all the files, pasted them into the mod folder and still the above is what I get. What am I missing?

DavidDC(Posted 2008) [#7]
What's this:
C:/Program Files/BlitzMax/mod/wx.mod/wx.mod/../../brl.mod/event.mod/event.h:62:7: warning: no newline at end of file

Doesn't look right to me. Looks like you've accidentally put the brl.mod folder in the wx.mod folder

Retimer(Posted 2008) [#8]
Nope lol.

I think the
/../../
brings it back 2 directories. Could this be related to having mingw 1.5.4? Although I haven't had problems compiling any other mods.

Edit: did a complete reinstall/syncmod and it's working now.

DavidDC(Posted 2008) [#9]
> brings it back 2 directories.

Heh - woops! Glad you got it working. :-)