Eclipse BIRT and BMax?

BlitzMax Forums/Brucey's Modules/Eclipse BIRT and BMax?

nadia(Posted 2008) [#1]
Hi, has anybody used Eclipse BIRT reporting tools to create reports from an MySQL database and view/print them from a BMax application? Or maybe there is another opensource MySQL reporting tool out there which works better with BMax?

I've been using wxMax > wxPDFDocument to create some reports but after a while it becomes a bit tedious, mainly if the reports have to be quite flexible. So a opensource, cross platform reporting tool which integrates with BMax would be fantastic...!

Thanx for any pointer or help!

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#2]
Jasper is probably one of the best open source reporting tools... but it's Java-based.

I did have a look around for c/c++ tools, but haven't found much - unless someone else knows any better?

As far as doing-it-yourself. I've also thought about it. I'd be inclined to have something work a bit like Crystal Reports or StreamServe, where you have a GUI designer for your report layout. StreamServe also lets your script your reports, which gives you more flexibility too (like performing basic math etc).
Obviously, building your own would be a full-on proper project in itself.

Without a GUI, I guess I might build a suite of helper functions to do all the nitty gritty layout stuff, and call them as required.