BlitzMax Forums/Brucey's Modules/compiling wxmax

slenkar(Posted 2008) [#1]
when I used subversion it put all the folders in
c:\program files\blitzmax\mod

i tried building modules but nothing happened

so then I placed all the folders and files (except wx.mod) into:
c:\program files\blitzmax\mod\wx.mod

and when I try to build modules the IDE crashes to desktop

when I try using bmk.exe in the commandline (in windowsXP)

it displays an error message but it disappears from the screen before I can read it.

How do you make BMK.EXE error messages stay on the screen so you can read them?

EDIT= oh never mind i used the commandline instead of tortoiseSVN and it worked!

Volker(Posted 2008) [#2]
Have you started the command line with
Start ->execute(the third from below; I use german xp)
-> cmd -> enter?
The the command line stays open and you can
scroll.

slenkar(Posted 2008) [#3]
yes the commandline SVN worked for me
after I rebuilt the modules I tried a sample program and got lots of linking errors:

plash(Posted 2008) [#4]
Based on what I've seen from linux, that could possibly out of date libs.. did you get the most recent wx libs from the google code page? (completely guessing :P)

slenkar(Posted 2008) [#5]
yeh and im using the latest version of blitzmax, i even updated blitzmax via SVN and tried it there but I also got the same errors

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#6]
Bottom of this page (Compilation Issues):
http://code.google.com/p/wxmax/wiki/FrequentlyAskedQuestions

Generally those errors mean you are using a different version of MinGW. The libraries were compiled with MinGW 5.1.3 (which is the requirement for building with BlitzMax 1.28).

The error itself is caused because of a difference with the linker used to build the libraries, and the one you are using now. Major versions of GCC have changed the locations where information is stored in the binaries, so a linker from one version of MinGW will expect the information to be somewhere else. Hence, the "multiple definition" errors.

slenkar(Posted 2008) [#7]
thanks! this will also help me compile minib3d

slenkar(Posted 2008) [#8]
hmm I think I already had 5.1.3 installed because it was released in january of 2007

I tried to compile an example program after updating MingW and it had the same errors

slenkar(Posted 2008) [#9]
hmm I just compiled miniB3d for first time ever after updating the Mingw thingy, ill try wxmax again