multiple wxwindows on fnb

BlitzMax Forums/Brucey's Modules/multiple wxwindows on fnb

plash(Posted 2008) [#1]
I've been playing around with wxPanels in flatnotebooks to achieve multiple things on one fnb page. The only problem is nothing will resize with the main window.

Do I have to manually change all the object dimensions for that page (including the panel) or is there another way to do this?

Glenn Dodd(Posted 2008) [#2]
In the basic_notebook example the 3rd tab resizes due to the wxBoxSizer.
Are you using one of these?

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#3]
To have a control size along with its parent, you can either handle wxEVT_SIZE events yourself per parent control and do something appropriate for the children, or you might want to rather investigate Sizers, as Glenn mentions above.

Sizers take care of everything for you. All you need to do is set them up to work in the way you want them to.

There's a small guide as to how they work here : http://docs.wxwidgets.org/2.8.7/wx_sizeroverview.html

We probably needs *lots* more basic samples for wxMax to show stuff really... but that'll take an age and a half to get through... One day ;-)

Glenn Dodd(Posted 2008) [#4]
I just used wxFormBuilder and wxCodeGen to make these.
Tab1 resizes, tab2 resizes, tab3 doesn't because the items don't have a Proportion size greater than 0
Plus the controls i picked don't show resizing to it full advantage but was simple to add to the gui.

Hope this helps in some way

NotebookTestGUI.bmx

NotebookTest.bmx

plash(Posted 2008) [#5]
EDIT2: NEVERMIND!! I was just being an idiot, thanks alot.