Linux wxmax errors

BlitzMax Forums/Brucey's Modules/Linux wxmax errors

plash(Posted 2008) [#1]
Just got wxmax from svn and I get these errors if I try to compile the aui sample
/home/timhow/BlitzMax/mod/wx.mod/wx.mod/../lib/linux/libwx_gtk2u_core-2.8.a(corelib_textctrl.o):(.rodata._ZTV10wxTextCtrl[vtable for wxTextCtrl]+0x368): undefined reference to `std::basic_streambuf<char, std::char_traits<char> >::seekoff(long long, std::_Ios_Seekdir, std::_Ios_Openmode)'
/home/timhow/BlitzMax/mod/wx.mod/wx.mod/../lib/linux/libwx_gtk2u_core-2.8.a(corelib_textcmn.o):(.rodata._ZTV14wxTextCtrlBase[vtable for wxTextCtrlBase]+0x368): undefined reference to `std::basic_streambuf<char, std::char_traits<char> >::seekoff(long long, std::_Ios_Seekdir, std::_Ios_Openmode)'
/home/timhow/BlitzMax/mod/wx.mod/wx.mod/../lib/linux/libwx_gtk2u_core-2.8.a(corelib_treectlg.o):(.rodata._ZTV14wxTreeTextCtrl[vtable for wxTreeTextCtrl]+0x368): undefined reference to `std::basic_streambuf<char, std::char_traits<char> >::seekoff(long long, std::_Ios_Seekdir, std::_Ios_Openmode)'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
Build Error: Failed to link /home/timhow/BlitzMax/mod/wx.mod/samples/aui.debug

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#2]
The current Linux static libs are built against GCC 4.x, whereas you might be compiling your BlitzMax code with 3.3.
The two aren't binary compatible (as far as linking is concerned).

plash(Posted 2008) [#3]
How exactly do I get it to compile then? I already tried installing gcc-4.1.

matty47(Posted 2008) [#4]
I have removed gcc-3.3 (or 3.4) from my distro using Synaptic Package Manager. Since it appears that BlitzMax by default expects to find gcc-3.3 and (and I think cpp-3.3) I created symbolic links named gcc-3.3 and cpp-3.3 and pointed these to gcc-4.1 and cpp-4.1 respectively. I now seem to be able to complete the build process and get an executable although some of the examples fail on running - see my recent thrad.
Hope this of assistance
Matthew