Cairo Module bug

BlitzMax Forums/Brucey's Modules/Cairo Module bug

sebas76(Posted 2008) [#1]
Hello Brucey,

I used your excellent cairo module for few months without problems.

But now with the Bmax 1.28 there is big bug : when I tried to print text on PDF file nothing happens !
I have tried my own program and the pdf_ouput example supplied with cairo but nothing is printing on pdf page !

I use Bmax 1.28 on Vista.
With previous version of bmax, all works fine !

I have last version of fontconfig and last version of cairo modules.

Please I need some help !

Thank in advance.

sebas76(Posted 2008) [#2]
I tried on Win XP, the problem is the same.
So the bug seems to be in :
- Fonconfig module or in cairo module ?

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#3]
Try copying the "fonts.conf" file from the fontconfig/examples folder into the cairo/examples folder and try it again.

sebas76(Posted 2008) [#4]
ok,brucey.
Thank you very much for the tips. Now it works fine.
So I must copy the fonts.conf in the directory of all my program that uses fontconfig ?

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#5]
I need a much better way to get that working...

The problem is that fontconfig (the framework) is designed to be "installed" on the PC, but we aren't using it like that here.
Previously it didn't matter, but recently they've changed how it initialises itself the first time in order to get font details from the system.

Maybe I can compile in a copy of the file with the module and have it create a copy of it on the system somewhere (like an app support folder, etc).

sebas76(Posted 2008) [#6]
It seems there is a problem with PDF file created with cairo module/fontconfig.

I have generated a PDF file with cairo module and print text into it. This file is read fine on PC but nothing is displayed on a MAC system when my friend've tried to read this PDF. Strange for a PDF file....

I have look at the PDF file in hex and it contains few references to cairofont ? maybe it is the problem...

But i don't know really what is the problem...

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#7]
Do you have a small example PDF you can send me? Or does it happen with the example?

If you are only interested in creating PDFs, there is a much better PDF generator that is part of wxMax. Depends what you need, of course!