Dialogblocks

BlitzMax Forums/Brucey's Modules/Dialogblocks

flytom1(Posted 2008) [#1]
Hello everyone.

I'm thinking of develop my code with dialogblocks. But is it possible to use to code output from dialogblocks with blitzmax? does anyone use this combiniation?

http://www.anthemion.co.uk/dialogblocks/

greez
tom

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#2]
Code output from dialogblocks will be C++, probably, so no.

wxMax doesn't currently have the ability to load XRC files, which most of the GUI editors can export to. It will one day, but not yet.

Otherwise, the wxCodeGen tool that comes with wxMax is built to read wxFormBuilder projects (a free editor, which is pretty good), and can almost generate a whole runnable app from it.

I had a play with the DialogBlocks trial on Windows, and it's a great editor, but unfortunately the trial doesn't let you save projects, so I was unable to see what the project file format was like.

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#3]
I'm currently looking into the possibility of processing Dialogblocks project files too.
Formbuilder project files are much more well-formed - at least with respect to extracting the information from them. Dialogblocks looks like someone's attempt at building an XML document while concentrating on something else... :-p

flytom1(Posted 2008) [#4]
Thanks Brucey,

Formbuilder works also great for me. No need to use the dialogblocks programm. Maybe there're some more spezial features implemented...

greez
tom

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#5]
No harm in supporting a couple of different GUI Editors. Choice is good :-)