Linux Error - wxmod

BlitzMax Forums/Brucey's Modules/Linux Error - wxmod

matty47(Posted 2008) [#1]
Hi, I have successfully started using wx.mod on windows and now am trying it on Ubuntu 7.1. The mod now compiles OK but when I tried to run one the samples the following linking error appears.
Linking:aboutbox.debug
/home/mattk/bmAX/mod/wx.mod/wx.mod/../lib/linux/libwx_gtk2u_core-2.8.a(corelib_textctrl.o):(.rodata._ZTV10wxTextCtrl[vtable for wxTextCtrl]+0x368): undefined reference to `std::basic_streambuf<char, std::char_traits<char> >::seekoff(long long, std::_Ios_Seekdir, std::_Ios_Openmode)'
/home/mattk/bmAX/mod/wx.mod/wx.mod/../lib/linux/libwx_gtk2u_core-2.8.a(corelib_textcmn.o):(.rodata._ZTV14wxTextCtrlBase[vtable for wxTextCtrlBase]+0x368): undefined reference to `std::basic_streambuf<char, std::char_traits<char> >::seekoff(long long, std::_Ios_Seekdir, std::_Ios_Openmode)'
/home/mattk/bmAX/mod/wx.mod/wx.mod/../lib/linux/libwx_gtk2u_core-2.8.a(corelib_treectlg.o):(.rodata._ZTV14wxTreeTextCtrl[vtable for wxTreeTextCtrl]+0x368): undefined reference to `std::basic_streambuf<char, std::char_traits<char> >::seekoff(long long, std::_Ios_Seekdir, std::_Ios_Openmode)'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
Build Error: Failed to link /home/mattk/bmAX/mod/wx.mod/samples/aboutbox.debug
Process complete 

I downloaded the linux binary libraries from the google site.
??
Matthew

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#2]
The static libs for Linux have been built with gcc 4.x
I think the error indicates that you are trying to link/compile with a different version of gcc.

matty47(Posted 2008) [#3]
Thanks. I had several versions of gcc installed so I removed all but gcc-4.1 and made a symlink from gcc-3.3 to the 4.1 version. I then had to remake all mods but in the end was able to get wxmod to work. I presume Maxide uses gcc-3.3 as before I made the symlink Maxide complained about not being able to find gcc-3.3.
Anyway now I have to practise using the mod. Thanks for all the great work.