Nooby module compilation question

BlitzMax Forums/Brucey's Modules/Nooby module compilation question

Foolish(Posted 2008) [#1]
I'm sorry in advance for the noob question, but I will risk it since these modules look fantastic.

After unzipping three different modules in accordance wih the instructions, I have not been able to compile anything. Should I just presume that I will need to recompile the mods?

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#2]
Building modules is probably your best bet.

I'm tending towards shipping modules as source-only these days since a module compiled for 4 platforms tends to be a bit bloaty (especially if you only intend using it on only one of them!), and the effort involved in having 4 copies of a module available is too much for the number I have these days.

Remember, on Win32, you'll need MinGW set up, if you don't already :-)

Volker(Posted 2008) [#3]
Installing MinGW:
http://ziggybcn.proboards31.com/index.cgi?board=publisher&action=display&thread=1199705748

Four platforms? PC, Mac, Linux and?

LarsG(Posted 2008) [#4]
win, x86 mac, ppc mac and linux? ;)

*edit*

Oh, and Brucey... reading your latest worklog, it looks like you've got the workings of a new BMax IDE! (combine it with the wxwidgets editor example) ;)

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#5]
win, x86 mac, ppc mac and linux?

In theory, for things like wxMax, one could even say six, since static libs created on gcc on 10.4 and 10.5 won't play happy together.

looks like you've got the workings of a new BMax IDE

well, I'm in no hurry to take that direction!
Currently messing around with a small SQLite database manager, which lets me test wxCodeGen and a few of the wxMax controls (like wxScintilla, wxListCtrl, wxSheet, etc) - which otherwise won't be getting much work.

Half the problem is general take up isn't going to happen until it gets a proper release, where the code then gets exposed to a larger audience, and proper testing, which then highlights all the bugs that haven't appeared yet via the small set of developers currently trying it out.
I imagine this is the same for lots of projects though...