need some help with libcurl.mod

BlitzMax Forums/Brucey's Modules/need some help with libcurl.mod

nadia(Posted 2008) [#1]
I've been trying to get some ftp uploading going with libcurl. But somehow I can't get it to work. Connecting to remote server works fine and I also manage to download a file from the server, thanks to the great examples. But when it comes to uploading I get stuck - no example to copy and paste from :-(
I read through the help file half a dozen times and know that I have to create a
readFunction(buffer:Byte Ptr, size:Int, data:Object)and then hook it up with
curl.setReadCallback(myReadFunction, myData).
But I can't figure out what needs to happen inside the readFunction()...

Thanx for any help!

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#2]
Funnily enough, I've never actually tried uploading until now, so apologies for a lack of examples.

Anyhoo, here's one which I've tested on my server and it seemed to work :-)

I created a "helper" Type to look after the streaming, all in the name of good code re-use.
Not sure if we need to close the stream afterwards, or if it is closed when the variable is GC'd...

Here it is :

nadia(Posted 2008) [#3]
Thanx very much Brucey, it works like a charm! I did put a close stream method into UploadHelper just to be on the save side. I've uploaded a file of 10MB and it finished without problems. But I will try now to to build in some functionality which will resume the download if it crashes...

You should add the above sample to the libcurl docs.

I really appreciate the fantastic support!

Volker(Posted 2010) [#4]
Not sure if we need to close the stream afterwards, or if it is closed when the variable is GC'd...

The stream in Uploadhelper should be closed.
Otherwise theres is a lock on the uploaded file and it can't be
deleted. Just in case someone else runs in this trap.