can't compile bah.libcurl.mod

BlitzMax Forums/Brucey's Modules/can't compile bah.libcurl.mod

nadia(Posted 2008) [#1]
Hi Brucey, I tried to get bah.libcurl.mod running but when I compile it I get the following error:
ERRORbah.libcurl was not built
In file included from C:/BlitzMax/mod/bah.mod/libcurl.mod/src/ares/ares_process.c:21:
C:/BlitzMax/mod/bah.mod/libcurl.mod/src/ares/nameser.h:35: error: redefinition of `struct timezone'
Build Error: failed to compile C:/BlitzMax/mod/bah.mod/libcurl.mod/src/ares/ares_process.c

I did install and compile the required bah.datetime.mod files...

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#2]
I really need to release the one in svn, me thinks :-p

Quick fix is to comment out that line for the Win32 build.

Sorry...

nadia(Posted 2008) [#3]
Thanx very much, that fixed it!
I also tested the crypto module. It works very well. I've encrypted and decrypted a 10+MB zip file and it finished in snap. The decrypted file opened nicely in winzip.

If I use libcurl to ftp download a file from the net, is it possible to resume the download if the connection gets lost?

Brucey, all your help and work is very much appreciated, its just fantastic!

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#4]
According to the (included :-p ) documentation, you can set the option CURLOPT_RESUME_FROM :

"Set this option to 0 to make the transfer start from the beginning (effectively disabling resume). For FTP, set this option to -1 to make the transfer start from the end of the target file (useful to continue an interrupted upload)."

otherwise the value passed to that option is "A number, which contains the offset in number of bytes that you want the transfer to start from."

HTH

:o)

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#5]
Now updated to the latest versions of Libcurl and c-ares, and moved to the GoogleCode repository.

http://code.google.com/p/maxmods/wiki/LibCurlModule

:o)